Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2014 1:43:32 PM EDT
About to pull the trigger on a 22' bx br. I've looked at Nautic Stars,Frontier, &blue wave. We like the sea hunt better. Research seems like there are no real problems with them and they take rough water well & you get alot of boat for the money. Just looking for any comments from people who have them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I want a 26 so bad.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Might want to look at a Robalo also.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Sea Hunt 202, like the boat.  Nice dry ride and takes a following sea well, as mentioned look at Robalo.  I personally think that more attention to detail and fit/finish is put into the Robalo boats, but went with the Sea Hunt as I got the 202 Triton for the price a R180 would have cost.  Took my boat out in 6-8 foot seas the day I got her, just couldn't wait.  Boat did great but I will not do it again, I have about 22 hours on her and have noticed some gel coat cracks that the dealer is fixing.  Overall a great boat, could have got her a little cheaper but went with the local dealer "Norfolk Marine" who have an outstanding customer feedback.  Glad I did go with them, don't get the small engine.  Mine was packaged with the 115 Yamaha, I upgraded to the 150 and am glad I did.  No one has ever complained about to much power.  You will be happy with the Sea Hunt, a solid mid-tier boat with lots of options.

Pluckmaster
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be picking up a new Sea Hunt Triton 210 tomorrow. Went out on a friends three months ago fishing and really liked the ride in 3' seas. Mine will have a Yamaha 150 HP which is plenty for me. I'll mostly be doing back bays and occasional  short trips out in the Gulf Of Mexico so this is just the right size for my use. Compared to other brands I believe this is money well spent.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Man i forgot about the thread. Sorry. We got the 22bxbr and love it. I have been it some hairy stuff out in the lake with her and it has done awesome. Trim tabs are worth there weight in gold and the 200 yamaha is a quite easy on the gas motor. Love it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a 2004 Sea Hunt Triton 202. I had the Yamaha F150 4 stroke which is an excellent outboard. I had it for two years and sold it but it was a great boat, I just didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked. I did good on the sale, didn't really lose too much. It was a great fishing boat and handled rough seas well for its size. They are great mid-tier boats.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man i forgot about the thread. Sorry. We got the 22bxbr and love it. I have been it some hairy stuff out in the lake with her and it has done awesome. Trim tabs are worth there weight in gold and the 200 yamaha is a quite easy on the gas motor. Love it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/ARsR4ME/Snapbucket/A085CEE7-orig_zps1090281d.jpg

View Quote

Is that the inline 200 or the V-6?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top