Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2015 7:39:36 PM EDT
Anyone use one of the blutooth fish finder that link to a phone or tablet?  like deeper or fish hunter?  I Ice fish a few times a year and dont want to spend the $ on a vexilar.  I tried  lcdor whatever  and flashers are the best.

Thanks, Will
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one personally but a good friend and avid fisherman purchased the Deeper product and wasn't impressed. He said it would constantly lose the signal to his phone. A Vexilar FL-8SE with the Genz box can be had for around $250-285 battery and charger included. Even if it would only be used 3 or 4 times a year, I figure it's the more reliable choice. My .02¢
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
watch ebay or craigslist during the off season and you can get a Vexilar FL-8, marcum LX1, or Lowrance ice 67 for $175-$225.  Any of the three would be a significant upgrade compared to the bluetooth gizmo you reference.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
well I ended up buying a fish hunter app for my phone and  a vexilar fl8e  I guess ill try them out side by side to see how the application based finder works.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Humminbird 597c ftmfw. Doubles as my ice flasher and fish finder on my boat. Has gps, add lakemaster chip for pure greatness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top