Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2013 6:51:52 PM EDT
Where are the best deals to be had on trolling motors?  I see used ones on craigslist, but I hate to buy something electrical used.  Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on what you are looking for.   Walmart has some good deals on middle of the road to cheap  models.  

I was just looking this morning and saw a Minn Kota 45lb, 42", foot control, bow mount for $336.

They had little hand control ones for as cheap as $79.

Are you looking for a specific brand or a specific kind of motor? 12v or 24?  etc?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha well that's a good question.  I suppose I should figure out what I need first.  It will be going on a 14 foot fishing boat.  Really my only requirement would be bow mount I guess.  I don't really have much experience with trolling motors, so any advice is very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haha well that's a good question.  I suppose I should figure out what I need first.  It will be going on a 14 foot fishing boat.  Really my only requirement would be bow mount I guess.  I don't really have much experience with trolling motors, so any advice is very much appreciated.

If you are going with a bow mount then a foot control would be a must IMO.   Anything in the 40-55 lb thrust range will be suitable for a boat that size.  Anything more just uses up the battery too quickly.  

The Minn Kota Edge models have been good to me, my dad and my friends.   They have a toggle switch on the foot control that lets you put it on "cruise control" so you don't have to keep your foot on the toe button, you just steer.  That works well for slow trolling and for booking it across the lake.  

I would offer more advice, but I don't really know what info you are looking for.   Depending on the configuration of your boat, you might have to weld or build a platform for the bow mount to attach to.   It doesn't clamp on like a transom mounted trolling motor does.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon seemed to be decently priced.  I just bought a 55lb Minn Kota Endura Max for ~ $250.  Free shipping and no tax FTW.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Second amazon, got mine there.  Best price compared to local and got it in one day.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#6]
BBG marine has the best prices on marine electronics i have found any wear. Especially fishfinders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top