Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2017 6:35:44 PM EDT
So starting a new job and looking for some new hot weather boots that will be good for day to day use and a hike if need be.

Supervisor told me we have to have a set of admin boots that have to be polish able boots but was told we can have boots that are for duty use!

Looking for a good lightweight boot side zip or tie that is good for 100+deg weather in a desert area. Also company has to make half sizes and wides! Found there are a lot of places that don't have wide some half size.

Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So starting a new job and looking for some new hot weather boots that will be good for day to day use and a hike if need be.

Supervisor told me we have to have a set of admin boots that have to be polish able boots but was told we can have boots that are for duty use!

Looking for a good lightweight boot side zip or tie that is good for 100+deg weather in a desert area. Also company has to make half sizes and wides! Found there are a lot of places that don't have wide some half size.

Thanks for the advice!
View Quote
USMC RAT Boots

Thought you went to Hawaii.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Polish means smooth leather, and for hot weather that means USGI jungle boots. There are plenty of boots that are much more orthopedically correct but I don't know how many are made for hot weather and have smooth leather. A good pair of aftermarket foot beds, such as Aetrex, Sole, or Superfeet, could be a game changer as far as comfort for long days on your feet.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Polish means smooth leather, and for hot weather that means USGI jungle boots. There are plenty of boots that are much more orthopedically correct but I don't know how many are made for hot weather and have smooth leather. A good pair of aftermarket foot beds, such as Aetrex, Sole, or Superfeet, could be a game changer as far as comfort for long days on your feet.
View Quote
He's talking about 2 different pairs 
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, the jungle boots would be the polishable admin boots. You'll want better footbeds than the crap they come with even just for standing around.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, the jungle boots would be the polishable admin boots. You'll want better footbeds than the crap they come with even just for standing around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's in  law enforcement ... I wouldn't get jungle boots for that. Jungle boots usually  have canvas and leather, right? 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Lowa Zephyrs are very comfortable and reliable.  They are definitely not the sort of boots that you can polish though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's in  law enforcement ... I wouldn't get jungle boots for that. Jungle boots usually  have canvas and leather, right? 
View Quote
Black leather with black nylon uppers, they don't look very different from most duty boots nowadays. The main difference is they're meant to breathe and have no waterproofing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
USMC RAT Boots

View Quote
Let's just say Hawaii dropped the ball big time! Cost me money I quite a good security job for it to get nothing.

Good thing is that I'm picked up by Big Bend National park here in Texas only 3 hours from where I lived before I moved now it's 70 miles.

USMC RAT boots are they true to size?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Polish boots they are going to have to buy for me then I'll polish up the admin boots. My supervisor suggest to me to buy lightweight boots for duty use.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got some of these that I really like, with my arch supports added of course.
Lightweight and breathable, and don't scream JBT

Oakley Assault Boot 6" - Hot Weather SKU:#7910248

Think the 6" is discontinued/on closeout, the 8" is still up on LAPG, available in wide in some sizes.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/oakley-11098-889-desert-si-assault-boot.html
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lowa Zephyrs are very comfortable and reliable.  They are definitely not the sort of boots that you can polish though.
View Quote
Looked at them only problem no wide kind of sucks as I was looking to buy there hiking boots also.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let's just say Hawaii dropped the ball big time! Cost me money I quite a good security job for it to get nothing.

Good thing is that I'm picked up by Big Bend National park here in Texas only 3 hours from where I lived before I moved now it's 70 miles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USMC RAT Boots

They are made by different vendors. Bates,  Belleville and I think Danner... i have the Bates. They are absolutely perfect fitting. 

I also have a pair of Danner Arcadia duty boots that fit absolutely perfectly.

These two boots are the only ones I recommend..... but they are pricey.

If you want... gimme your size and I'll look for you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are made by different vendors. Bates,  Belleville and I think Danner... i have the Bates. They are absolutely perfect fitting. 

View Quote
Like them a lot but to rich for me right now I can get by maybe with spending $150 have to buy other items also.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Like them a lot but to rich for me right now I can get by maybe with spending $150 have to buy other items also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my Rats were cheap as hell, The USMC was getting rid of them  like 21 bucks, from LA Police gear...  My Danners were like $79, gov surplus.
I'll link you the Rats... you wont believe it.  http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates-29502-usmc-rat.html  they are sold out... just wanted you to be aware that there are deals out there if you look.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.bellevilleboot.com/  makes damn good stuff... will last you for many years.  They are a current military contractor.

most are on amazon and many are under 150.

found a lot 790 G Belleville Desert Tan Army Combat   on ebay for under $50 new.  you never told me your size, so its hard to guess.  the outlets have limited sizes... 

they look like this 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looked at them only problem no wide kind of sucks as I was looking to buy there hiking boots also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zephyr (non gortex) and Elite Desert.

Try them on, they arent narrow and MIGHTwork for you anyway. Elite Desert I thought you could order wide though...

used both of these daily for years in the AZ desert and around daily. never found anything better.

not sure if anything has changed in the last few years
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Look at the offerings of Russell Moccasin Co., in Berlin,Wisconsin, purveyors of bespoke boots and shoes of all sorts, including many designed for rigorous and hot conditions as encountered on southern African safaris, and American deserts. Among their options are thornproof linings, "breathable" canvas uppers, toe guard reinforcements, and etc., all of utility to desert operators... None of this is cheap, all of it is first rate and mostly custom-made, with prices and lead times to match. The  Merrell "Ventilator" line of light duty boots and trail shoes are about as comfortable as can be had for casual use, but are little more than glorified sneakers, compared to real boots, and once, quite quickly, worn out, are throw-aways, whereas, a properly maintained pair of Russell boots can be resoled, restored, and probably argued over by your heirs...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
So I talked to a few buddies still enlisted in the Marines there all Staff NCO's now they all said Garmont T8 Bifida boots so I bought some. Fit was right on the money no foot problems did a 6 mile hike with them when it was 95 degs out and my feet did not get hot I feel I owe a little to the bamboo socks I got also! They feel like silk on your feet and really good at wicking away sweat!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top