Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 6:31:48 PM EDT
Yes yes yes! I did buy a Redwing and it is an awesome pack only thing is I saw that I could buy the S/M size for $70 and bought it and well it's not for someone my size so it's going to the wife.

Loved the Redwing but I'm looking for more of the military style like being able to add pouches. I'm wanting something 2600 cubic inches or more really want something over 3000 cubic inches as I do have a Maxpedition vulture old school bought back in 2003.

Love it stood up to a few tours in Iraq but Im wanting something newer (Also kids took it over as there school pack!) Looking for ideas.

I have looked at the Condor 3 day pack, vulture II, Pathfinder 72, Sandpiper bags a lot of them, 5.11, LA police gear , GoRuck and many more!

I'm not looking for a cheap bag that will fall part! Had problems with LA Police gear packs tearing apart so I'm a 50/50 with them. Sandpiper and Death Dealer seem to cheap to be good! Like to support Vet  run company but not going to give my money away to them because if that! GoRuck great pack but small and $$$!

Like to hear some other ideas packs or company out there. This is going to be my go pack that will go everywhere with me on my job need to hold a lot and not be uncomfortable! Job is a LEO in a remote desert are Big Bend National Park! I'm going to make a few packs others are going to be situation packs I.E medical, climbing and so on but for now just looking for a everyday pack! Thanks for trying advice and help.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out direct action ghost pack, well made and about $150-.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
check London bridge for a sale
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
3000ci is a little bigger than 3-Day in my opinion, but that's subjective of course.

The Mystery Ranch 3DAP is a great pack, but you'd need to get the big brother Overload for the size/specs you're after.  Oh yeah, it's expensive but Made in the USA and top of the line:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/overload-pack
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mystery Ranch is probably one of the top 3 brands in the country.  I had to go a cheaper route, Eberlestock Dragonfly discontinued at 50% off.  It's a hunting pack that on a tactical bent.

The pack unzips into a game bag.  I'm not a fan of top loading packs, so I'll get one of their duffles for ease of loading/unloading.

The scabbard swallowed a 18" barreled AR with a vertical grip.  The scabbard also is padded and vinyl armored at the muzzle, well protecting it.  $214 for the previous iteration, on their web only sale page.  I think it's a great value.

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I really like there packs a lot but the 1891 cubic inch I know is going to be to small! The Vulture that I own is  2100 cubic inches (34 liters) not 100% sure mine is the same size as this is the specs of the Vulture II my  Vulture was bought in 2003-2004 but it is not large enough for my needs.

Yet I do really like the Ghost Pack wish they would make it bigger really like the Highland camo!

Quoted:
check London bridge for a sale
Like but to small for my use.

Quoted:
3000ci is a little bigger than 3-Day in my opinion, but that's subjective of course.

The Mystery Ranch 3DAP is a great pack, but you'd need to get the big brother Overload for the size/specs you're after.  Oh yeah, it's expensive but Made in the USA and top of the line:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/overload-pack
This pack is going to be my jack of all trades pack little of everything in it as it's going to be the pack I use when I have to hike trails as apart of my job so first aid kit, water, food, water filtration, fire making gear, Ax , Ar-15 pistol, socks, cool weather gear, GPS and a few other items will be in it. Why I'm looking for something so big but not to big to be in the same area as just a hiking ruck

Love Mystery Ranch gear and I said willing to pay $$ but right now had to pay that much I know after a few months I will pick up one of there packs and it will be used as my main pack.

Quoted:
Mystery Ranch is probably one of the top 3 brands in the country.  I had to go a cheaper route, Eberlestock Dragonfly discontinued at 50% off.  It's a hunting pack that on a tactical bent.

The pack unzips into a game bag.  I'm not a fan of top loading packs, so I'll get one of their duffles for ease of loading/unloading.

The scabbard swallowed a 18" barreled AR with a vertical grip.  The scabbard also is padded and vinyl armored at the muzzle, well protecting it.  $214 for the previous iteration, on their web only sale page.  I think it's a great value.

http://www.eberlestock.com/store/graphics/00000002/J107M-lrg.jpg
Nice pack! Like how you can carry a full size rifle in it! Will it still work with the AR-15 and a 30 rd mag? I don't care for top loading as much also makes me think more of a hiking ruck but I'm going to have to take more of a look at this pack also! One up on it is being able to carry my full size patrol rifle on it and not have to use the AR-15 pistol. Have to look more at it VS the Mystery Ranch both would have there place.

Until I can afford the top tier gear in a few months I'm going to have to go with something under $200 maybe best in the $150 range. Thanks for the advice gave me more to look at!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they issue this stuff or are you expected to buy it?

Is there a policy of what kind of gear you can carry/use?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do they issue this stuff or are you expected to buy it?

Is there a policy of what kind of gear you can carry/use?
View Quote
That was a good question so good in fact that I asked my supervisor about it today.

He told me that I'll be issued some gear and they have no policy on types of packs he told me that he has several packs in his vehicle all setup for different needs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Not the most modern or real lite weight but the Swedish LK35 is a great heavy duty pack. They are over built and tough as nails. A little small for a three day pack at 35 liters but they have lashing straps top and bottom for bedroll, or other. There are several mods you can check out on YouTube.

Also look into U.S. military surplus rucks, Alice or Molle on EBay for $50-$75.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You can get an ALICE Hellcat rig fairly cheap off EBay. I like mine for 3 day camping.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the stuff from Deuter.  I have three packs from them so far(different sizes) and have been very pleased with each one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.eberlestock.com/store/webspecial-pack

Here is a link to Eberlestocks factory store specials. Exceptional comfort at great prices.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I really like there packs a lot but the 1891 cubic inch I know is going to be to small! The Vulture that I own is  2100 cubic inches (34 liters) not 100% sure mine is the same size as this is the specs of the Vulture II my  Vulture was bought in 2003-2004 but it is not large enough for my needs.

Yet I do really like the Ghost Pack wish they would make it bigger really like the Highland camo!

This pack is going to be my jack of all trades pack little of everything in it as it's going to be the pack I use when I have to hike trails as apart of my job so first aid kit, water, food, water filtration, fire making gear, Ax , Ar-15 pistol, socks, cool weather gear, GPS and a few other items will be in it. Why I'm looking for something so big but not to big to be in the same area as just a hiking ruck

Love Mystery Ranch gear and I said willing to pay $ but right now had to pay that much I know after a few months I will pick up one of there packs and it will be used as my main pack.

Nice pack! Like how you can carry a full size rifle in it! Will it still work with the AR-15 and a 30 rd mag? I don't care for top loading as much also makes me think more of a hiking ruck but I'm going to have to take more of a look at this pack also! One up on it is being able to carry my full size patrol rifle on it and not have to use the AR-15 pistol. Have to look more at it VS the Mystery Ranch both would have there place.

Until I can afford the top tier gear in a few months I'm going to have to go with something under $200 maybe best in the $150 range. Thanks for the advice gave me more to look at!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Love Mystery Ranch gear and I said willing to pay $ but right now had to pay that much I know after a few months I will pick up one of there packs and it will be used as my main pack.

My AR has a Mark 6 in a G mount.  From pistol grip to the top of the scope is about 9.5" (and a few RCHs).  That is about the same as the opening on the scabbard.  It's a little tight going in but the scabbard also has a zippered opening to help you get it seated to the bottom.  With the stock collapsed the stock pretty much fits flush with scabbard opening.  It will not fit a mounted 30 rd. mag.

Also note this if you want to carry an AR.

The J107M differs from the J107H in that it has a solid front in place of the "H" model's mesh, and it has a wider "BigMouth" scabbard which is suitable for larger format bolt-action sniper rifles and most AR-10 type configurations.
I paid $214 for the discontinued model in Unicam II and the Big Mouth scabbard.

At almost 10 .lbs, it's kinda heavy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My AR has a Mark 6 in a G mount.  From pistol grip to the top of the scope is about 9.5" (and a few RCHs).  That is about the same as the opening on the scabbard.  It's a little tight going in but the scabbard also has a zippered opening to help you get it seated to the bottom.  With the stock collapsed the stock pretty much fits flush with scabbard opening.  It will not fit a mounted 30 rd. mag.

Also note this if you want to carry an AR.

I paid $214 for the discontinued model in Unicam II and the Big Mouth scabbard.

At almost 10 .lbs, it's kinda heavy.
View Quote
I'm looking to carry a SBR maybe 10" barrel kind of want the rifle hidden so when I'm on the trail all it loook like I have is my pistol. I'm going to have to build a few packs I have been told but right now I'm just looking for an everyday pack.

I do not like the open top packs just seems like a pain if you need to get something out of the pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top