Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 7:53:45 PM EDT
I want to replace my old GI issue ECWCS Gore Tex outer shell that lets H2O seep through when wet, with something that actually keeps water out... It will also do double duty as an outer shell for winter wear, so the motto spend once cry once does comes into play. I must admit, multicam would be nice but is not a must..

What are all the cool people on ARFCOM running now for shells......
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Arc'teryx LEAF  Alpha LT Jacket Gen 2
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arc'teryx LEAF  Alpha LT Jacket Gen 2
View Quote

Holy cow that sounds tier 1
I must be tier 3 with my oil slick duster.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the use of BULLET PROOF in the thread title... I was going to suggest a poncho made of AR500(weight be DAMMED) BUT im a big fan of my REI brand soft shell, love the thing though after 6 years of abuse the zipper is starting to die.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends what you're going to do with it. 

But yeah, if you want the best arcteryx is the first place to look. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking to use this as my go to bad weather jacket... Be it for hunting, fishing, canoeing ect.. I've grown tired of having a hand full of jackets that do one thing only...  This way I have a shell that protects me from the elements, and I can dress under it as needed..
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy cow that sounds tier 1
I must be tier 3 with my oil slick duster.
View Quote

I have a Filson Tin cloth field jacket, it wears like iron, sheds water like a duck.... But it doesn't breath at all, have fun moving in the thing when it's 32 out, and good luck at -40...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the French surplus camo moisture vapor permeable (i.e., Goretex-like) jackets. They only seem to be available in XL and XXL but they are extremely well made and designed. E.g., good pockets, double storm flap in front, pit zips, tall collar, and huge hood. The CCE camo is very similar to USGI Woodland camo. $30 at Keepshooting.com. If this was civilian jacket it would be well over $200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top