Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2016 9:01:36 AM EDT

Deer season is fast approaching and every year I get up on my hill and my hands freeze. Every year I tell myself "self, get yourself some shooting mittens." And then I get my deer, the season is over, and I forget about it until the next year when my fingers go numb.

I'm breaking the cycle this year. What kind of gloves do you guys like? I keep thinking that some kind of mitten with a trigger finger is the way to go. School me.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some thick Outdoor Research gloves that have grip on the palm and fingers. They are sufficient, and I don't need to flip down the trigger guard. this is for about 20*F

Edit: They are "Mens gripper sensor gloves" style# 244883OR If I am not moving around I will wear a second pair of thinner OR gloves under them... I don't see them on the website, but it is the ones issued to marines.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I like a pair of under armor thin gloves under a pair of big think mittens that have a flip off top and hold a hot hands.

OR makes really nice thin gloves too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the insulated Mechanix gloves and they work for awhile until it gets really into winter here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like a pair of under armor thin gloves under a pair of big think mittens that have a flip off top and hold a hot hands.

View Quote

I definitely want mittens. I've worn some very well insulated finger gloves in the past but when im just sitting there calmly and quietly without my heart pushing much blood to my fingers they still get cold. I think keeping them together will help a lot.

I was thinking about trying some of these as they're awfully inexpensive.

But, then again, you get what you pay for. They're not waterproof but I might be able to solve that with a spray on waterproofer.

Looks like OR makes a nice trigger mitt. Lot more expensive too.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I definitely want mittens. I've worn some very well insulated finger gloves in the past but when im just sitting there calmly and quietly without my heart pushing much blood to my fingers they still get cold. I think keeping them together will help a lot.

https://vtarmynavy.com/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/Trigger-Finger-Mittons.f968f125cb48cfc637f85ac6c4fac538.gif

But, then again, you get what you pay for. They're not waterproof but I might be able to solve that with a spray on waterproofer.

https://www.rei.com/media/14f27849-f54c-49a6-b407-c172a7a1f801

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://vtarmynavy.com/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/Trigger-Finger-Mittons.f968f125cb48cfc637f85ac6c4fac538.gif

https://www.rei.com/media/14f27849-f54c-49a6-b407-c172a7a1f801

I have never been upset with anything made by outdoor research.

I use something similar to these Flip mittens
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top