Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 8:54:55 PM EDT
Who is reading what? Or listening to What?

Personally, I am an audio book guy... I don't have time to sit and read.

On my way home from work I listen to and audio book which gets me home... There are times I pick something up I did not the previous time I listened to it... There are times I pick something up I can use in my personally life or for preps....

The Remaining Series - D.J. Molles

Patriots - James Wesley Rawles

Going Home Series - Angry American

Chosen Sodlier - Dick Couch

One Second After - William H. Forstchen

One Year After - William H Forstchen

Lights Out - Ted Koppel

Last Stand - William H Weber

Borrowed World - Franklin Horton

Ashes of the Unspeakable - Franklin Horton

Legion of Despair - Franklin Horton

Locker Nine - Franklin Horton

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe the "Survival Discussions" forum is a better audience?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_10/17_Survival_Discussions.html

Haven't read One Year After yet, by the way.  Still trying to get over the first book.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe the "Survival Discussions" forum is a better audience?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_10/17_Survival_Discussions.html

Haven't read One Year After yet, by the way.  Still trying to get over the first book.
View Quote

Or, even better, the Essential Survival Guides and Fiction forum...already has a reading list there, too.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_10/20_Essential_Survival_Guides_andamp__Fiction.html

David
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

On my way home from work I listen to and audio book which gets me home... There are times I pick something up I did not the previous time I listened to it... There are times I pick something up I can use in my personally life or for preps....

Lights Out - Ted Koppel
View Quote

Ditto what the others said, there is a forum for survival reading, things have branched out a bit since you were here last it looks like.

I read Patriots I felt he went off on a couple tangents that went nowhere and didn't add to the storyline and left me asking wtf was that about.  For example the brothers that wind up finding their way home to their family only wind up eating their dog in the end it was a sub story that went nowhere and added nothing.  Or the epilogue with the student complaining about the gun in class it was applying prebook thinking to the post  book world and seemed kind of ham fisted.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ditto what the others said, there is a forum for survival reading, things have branched out a bit since you were here last it looks like.

I read Patriots I felt he went off on a couple tangents that went nowhere and didn't add to the storyline and left me asking wtf was that about.  For example the brothers that wind up finding their way home to their family only wind up eating their dog in the end it was a sub story that went nowhere and added nothing.  Or the epilogue with the student complaining about the gun in class it was applying prebook thinking to the post  book world and seemed kind of ham fisted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lights Out - Ted Koppel

I agree, chapters 6 and 7 were utterly useless. Of course that was the reprinted edition. The original book did not have those in it... Much better read, cause the new book was edited to update to the times.

SO, I am to understand the "General Outdoor discussions" is not part of the Survival forum...

Can someone move this topic please, So I do  not Dupe

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope there is a General Outdoor section mainly hiking biking and camping type discussions.  Then the Survival section with a general survival discussion forum, survival gear forum, food forum, reading forum and ham forum.  It helps keep the conversations a little more focused since while their is some crossover ulitimately I would argue that people aren't necessarily camping out of the BOB everytime they go out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top