Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 2:50:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks interesting and is priced "reasonably"  Not sure it will give the same level of insulation as a good UQ.  looks like cold hips with the gap.  I will be interested to see user feedback.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, but I had to chuckle at the "signature body mapping technology" bit. I was expecting 80's futuristic models to come out and display it with tron music in the background.  It's just marketing, but it's funny.

I like things that can be used in different settings, because I'm cheap and have little space at my home to store stuff.  

We have this pad, and although I haven't used it for a hammock, it seems to have the same concept, albeit the "wings" are a little smaller.  I do know that it's comfortable and has 3x the R-value.  I might try sleeping on it in the back yard in a hammock to see if it works well.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Sleeping-Pad-Womens-Reviews/REI-AirRail-1-5-Self-Inflating-Womens
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Sleeping on the long axis of the hammock...I wish they angled it a bit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the innovative initiative, but it's a little heavy.  My cut foam pad is only needed from neck to below my butt.  The wings would be nice to just cover up on the shoulders and those with asymmetrical hammocks would have to test this out before investing.

Still, I applaud Klymit for not sitting idle.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
$139,

26oz

R1.3 (or 1.6?  It says both)

You could buy a 40deg syn underquilt  and beat those specs while also being more comfortable.  The only advantage this offers is if you have to sleep on the ground.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.  Looks like it's stuck in an Eno, too. (i hate Enos)
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a "Costco Roadshow" featuring that brand happening right now here in my hometown. I was able to check out the pads they have and I'm very impressed after actually laying down on one plus they are super light weight and well made. Today I am going back to purchase two more, I did not know that the savings were so great at the time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is a "Costco Roadshow" featuring that brand happening right now here in my hometown. I was able to check out the pads they have and I'm very impressed after actually laying down on one plus they are super light weight and well made. Today I am going back to purchase two more, I did not know that the savings were so great at the time.
View Quote

What prices are they giving on that stuff?  If you have Experticity/promotive they do a good discount on therw
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting... Ive tried pads for awhile, they were "ok" but nothing beats the comfort of a quality underquilt..Ironically this resembles this abomination of a homemade pad design I created a while back, it involved duct tape and a few of those old military sleeping pads. It was ugly, heavy and never stayed put..
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

My ex had an Eno.  I tried it one night.  Worst hammock sleep i recall.  She loved it, but the thing made you lay lengthwise and the sides ride up,  I went back to my Dutchware 11'.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I just use my regular insulated Klymit Static V in my hammock (car camping, never been hiking with it). I just don't inflate it 100% so that it can flex a little more.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
$139,
26oz

You could buy a 40deg syn underquilt  and beat those specs while also being more comfortable.  The only advantage this offers is if you have to sleep on the ground.
View Quote

Have to agree... And I love my Klymit pads, have 4 of them. It's much more expensive than most of their V lineup as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Have to agree... And I love my Klymit pads, have 4 of them. It's much more expensive than most of their V lineup as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$139,

26oz

On this subject...just bought a 40deg synthetic under quilt from loco libre gear.  Very nice design with down draft collars, weighs about a pound, cost $110.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top