Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2016 5:20:52 PM EDT
I know it's an oxymoron, but I thought I'd share these guys with ya.  This is a pretty cool show I like to escape in every now and then, and they do a great job showing how they like to get outdoors and backpack various parts of the country.  It's cool because you would think they aren't the typical gruff mountain men survivalist type normally seen on youtube.

Adventure Archives

Anybody have a favorite youtube channel dealing with the outdoors, camping, gear reviews, etc?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I know it's an oxymoron, but I thought I'd share these guys with ya.  This is a pretty cool show I like to escape in every now and then, and they do a great job showing how they like to get outdoors and backpack various parts of the country.  It's cool because you would think they aren't the typical gruff mountain men survivalist type normally seen on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doPMPHcoVQ

Adventure Archives

Anybody have a favorite youtube channel dealing with the outdoors, camping, gear reviews, etc?
View Quote
I subscribe to their channel.  It's a nice change of pace - they don't pretend to be hardcore woodsmen, or backpackers.  They just go out an enjoy nature (they're good videographers too).

Outdoor Gear Review is probably my favorite .....outdoor gear review channel.  Luke seems like a really stand-up guy (I think he has an AR too).

He doesn't have a lot of videos, but there's a guy up in Canada whose channel is called "MartyUpNorth" who has some fantastic trips in Banff National Park (he also does IDPA - didn't even know they could do that up there!).  

Joe Robinet Bushcraft (he was on the show "Alone" if you watched it) is another good channel from North of the border.

If you're interested in thru hiking a long trail, Will Wood has a set of fantastic thru-hike videos (AT and PCT).  Joe Brewer also has excellent PCT and CDT thru hike videos (he did the AT as well, but the video isn't as good).

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah Outdoor Gear Review guy seems like a likable guy.  Doesn't seem to really "put on airs".  He knows how to shoot, which is a huge plus, considering some guys just strap a gopro on their head and walk lol.

I think when watching people camping, I like the most when they make mistakes and screw up, because 1.) they're showing you they aren't perfect, and 2.) I think you can learn more from mistakes than success.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Been subscribed to Joe Brewer's channel (formerly called Biophthera) since his AT thru hike.  Good demeanor/DYI/gear reviews and he hits big trails like the Energizer Bunny.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's another one I've been liking.  Not the best video, but it's something to watch and isn't poorly done, and can be funny.  And he and his friends sound like they could be members here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sintax77

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I like this guy, british sense of humor, and I learned a thing or two from him

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I like this guy, british sense of humor, and I learned a thing or two from him

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top