Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2016 7:48:55 PM EDT
Are you satisfied with your purchase?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, Own an Arial 55 among many other odds and ends over the years and love it as much as my Mountain Hardwear and higher end gear.. Great Company. I owned an outdoor adventure store for years and carried their gear since the early 90's. They are a fantastic company with good history and service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had one for the last 13 years or so. I still use it on a regular basis. A couple of the plastic clips have broken on it and some of the rubber that was on the handle strap has rotted off, but it really is an amazing day pack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Atmos 65L that I hiked 200 miles with this year.

It is a good pack, but there are some things I don't like. It squeaks  quite a bit, like fabric rubbing on some padding, but I can't seem to eliminate it, and it bugs me.  It is a little thing, but after 18 miles the little things add up.

The hip belt pouches need to be just a little larger, it would make the pack much more user friendly not to need to shoehorn stuff into them.

The double entry side mesh pockets are stupid.  I store my water bottles there, and you have to be very careful of their placement or they can fall out.  Also, it is a bit of a contortion to reach those pockets.  This is probably my biggest gripe.  If I use this pack more I'll probably sew the one hole shut.

It is also relatively heavy at over 3 pounds, stripped of extra straps, ice axe loops, top compartment.  There are lighter packs to be had.

If I go longer this year I may pick up a ULA Circuit or a Z-packs pack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Love them. I have a Synchro 10, Manta 36, and an Exos 58. Their warranty is top notch. I attended an (free) Osprey workshop in July where I learned some useful repair tips, learned more about their warranty and got some cool swag. Basically, if anything goes wrong with the pack that you can't repair yourself they will fix it free of charge or just give you a new pack if it's irreparable. Their packs are comfortable and fit me well. I've got a lot of miles on my packs, not all in nice weather. Buy with confidence. It's also nice to support a USA company that cares about their customers.

ETA: Skunkeye, you may want to look into the Exos if you're interested in replacing your Atmos with another Osprey pack. It's their thru-hike inspired light pack. if you're good with 25-30lbs worth of gear, it should serve you well. I use Ospreys hydration system instead of water bottles, so I can't really comment on that. I do sometimes throw an empty Nalgene in the top just in case though.

Ponq: If you drop them a line they should send you replacement hardware free of charge.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Volt 60 owner.  Very happy with the the price and the durability.  Loaded to the gills during a 7 day back country canoe doing single trip portages held up like a champ and rode well with a canoe on
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep x2.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes.  I've owned their packs back when you could stop by the old factory outside of Cortez.  My ex-girlfriends way hot friend used to stuff foam into shoulder straps back then......  Always innovating and still good people.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Was happy with my Atmos but I'm going to be offloading it before summer in favor of a lighter pack.  I think my version of the Atmos is close to 3.5 pounds, by switching to an Ohm 2.0 I can shed 1.5 pounds( plus a couple ounces of other removable items) with a snap of the fingers.  No brainier for me.

My girlfriend has the women's version of the Atmos as well( forget the name), but I just bough her an REI flash that was on sale for $65 and comes in at 2 pounds with suspension.  Also has a removable lid that could probably drop 3-5 ounces.

The Ohm 2.0 is on Massdrop right now for $185.  I usually buy used though and save more than that.  I got my Atmos in like new condition for around $70.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The packs are excellent, the customer service is even better...
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The packs are excellent, the customer service is even better...
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yep x2.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#13]
great packs, used my aether on the colorado trail.  wished i would have gotten something simpler, like the volt.  lighter, still same quality and i don't need lots of features, add weight and things to break
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Buy better. Buy American.

ULA Circuit

ULA Catalyst
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Was happy with my Atmos but I'm going to be offloading it before summer in favor of a lighter pack.  I think my version of the Atmos is close to 3.5 pounds, by switching to an Ohm 2.0 I can shed 1.5 pounds( plus a couple ounces of other removable items) with a snap of the fingers.  No brainier for me.

My girlfriend has the women's version of the Atmos as well( forget the name), but I just bough her an REI flash that was on sale for $65 and comes in at 2 pounds with suspension.  Also has a removable lid that could probably drop 3-5 ounces.

The Ohm 2.0 is on Massdrop right now for $185.  I usually buy used though and save more than that.  I got my Atmos in like new condition for around $70.
View Quote

Just so you know, if you don't already, all warranty claims for a ULA pack have to go through Massdrop first. That is my only issue with buying them through MD.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#16]
My American made Osprey was about $550 .    Yes, it is awesome.   It is a top tier pack.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm happy with my Aether 70 as a do-all four season pack, but I'd go with something lighter for a 3-season pack. I've been looking at ULA models with a little less capacity.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I have an Aether 70.  They make good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Top of the line packs with great support. What's not to love?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Top of the line packs with great support. What's not to love?
View Quote

The squeaks, the too small belt pouches, and the droptastic duel entry side water bottle pockets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I I have 4 or 5 Currently, never had any issues. My atmos 65 squeaks as well, but I usually tone it out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#23]
What's squeaking on the atmos?it's on my short list. If it's the straps against the plastic buckles, could you wax the straps?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had/have 3 of their US made backpacks. Still have 2 of them. One is a first yr generation Aether 60. Was my fav pack for yrs, over my earlier US made Dana Designs, Gregory, and TNF. I've gone to the awesome Granite Gear Crown 60 currently. Their fine packs tho. And should serve you well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Great packs
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Also camelback could learn a thing or two by studying the osprey hydration bladders.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought an Atmos 50 AG recently and I love it. It feels like the pack is giving me a hug. My prior pack was a Deuter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I bought an Atmos 50 AG recently and I love it. It feels like the pack is giving me a hug. My prior pack was a Deuter.
View Quote

Does it squeak when you walk?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No squeaks yet but I haven't really put it through its paces yet. Just a couple short day hikes. I am doing 7 days through the smokies in June, but only over nighters for now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked up an osprey Exos 58 this weekend. Did a quick 2 mile hike with it loaded to 25lbs. My base load is 15lbs so, 25 should represent about a week with food/water/fuel.  Definitely love the mesh back panel. My back stayed dry the entire hike with temps in the mid 60s.

No squeaks either.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Is the Anti-Gravity system on the Atmos significantly more comfortable than other suspensions?
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought an aether 85 off the ee. I'm very happy with it.  In fact used it this weekend
hiking the red river gorge in KY.  Worked very well.  I'll stick with it because it work great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Is the Anti-Gravity system on the Atmos significantly more comfortable than other suspensions?
View Quote
Reaction to the AG packs seems to be love/hate.  My wife has the female version - she says it fits well, good ventilation.  The cons are that it's harder to get on, and the waist pockets are pathetic.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top