Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 4:01:01 PM EDT
A B.A. Tent I have is deemed unrepairable...they are giving me $379.00 in credit towards a new tent.

Looking at the choices offered, and than reading various reviews, I really don't see much that interests me...Especially since I've gone back to using Mountain Hardware products (a company I whose products I never should have stopped using).

Any suggestions from people with first hand experience with their current products on what to get tent wise from this company?  Looking for  a 2 or 3 person tent, 5 lbs or under..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Fly Creek UL 2 and I love it. I'm pretty sure they come in larger sizes too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Offer to cover the $20 difference and get a Copper Spur UL2.  I have this and it is about 3.0 lbs and a 2 person tent.

I also have a BA Fly Creek UL1.  A friend has a BA Fly Creek UL2, I wouldn't consider it for 2 people, but smaller, slender people can.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Offer to cover the $20 difference and get a Copper Spur UL2.  I have this and it is about 3.0 lbs and a 2 person tent.

I also have a BA Fly Creek UL1.  A friend has a BA Fly Creek UL2, I wouldn't consider it for 2 people, but smaller, slender people can.
View Quote

yeah, i was actually thinking of going with the CS UL3 to be honest...i like having the extra space.  how delicate is the material in this tent?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a CS1 and a CS2.  love them.  The material is super thin, but seems pretty strong.  My CS2 (gen 1) you have to pull/stretch the fly over the spreader pole at the top, and it makes you want to cringe pulling the lightweight material that hard, but it's quite strong and I haven't had any problems.  

Now my Flying Diamond on the other hand, the fly seems to magically get pinholes all the time.  I have sent it back to be repaired once, and I still seem to find new holes in it frequently.  It is a different fly material, however.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

yeah, i was actually thinking of going with the CS UL3 to be honest...i like having the extra space.  how delicate is the material in this tent?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.5 years, multiple outing and no problems!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top