Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2022 11:55:01 AM EDT
Hey guys,.  I took a live tissue course back in the infantry days.  Dmac I believe it was called.   Worked on live pigs.   I think it was " frowned" on by outside sources. They tried flying drones overhead to get eyes on the training etc.    
    Is there any such training out there at that level?  Doesn't seem that even nar or dark angel do courses that in depth.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...  I know that this isn't GD, but I have been assured, by the experts here, that this activity has never ever taken place under the auspices of the .mil or .gov.

So tagged for further information.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Some colleges will do it, usually with nursing or medical schools.  Look for cadaver courses.

Only "live tissue" i know of was military.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:18:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

I have seen photographs of said pig training.  

I have a friend that does that kind of training for military groups and even some private contractors.  

Outside of research I can't think of it happening in a civilian education setting.  

View Quote

Are ppl actually saying it didn't happen?  Lol I went through it.  One of the best courses I've ever taken . Taught by former/ current sf medics.  Sucks for the pigs but absolutely necessary for us to learn and get used to the blood and trauma.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
It's easy to lose track of all the NDAs you sign over the years.
No, outside of civ med research it's likely under shady/questionable ethical circumstances to get live tissue trauma training. Cadavers are easier to use and source, legally. Thanks organ donors.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#6]
you could always buy a feeder pig and use that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top