Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2020 1:00:42 AM EDT
I'm a member if a gun club and we need a facility first aid kit.  As with any club we have a vast variety of skill levels and some individual members carry a variety of medical supplies IFAK kits, but much of the club does not carry anything.   All we have onsite is one of those camping first aid kits that consists of some antiseptic wipes, and a bunch of too small bandaids.  

So, what I want to find is a kit or kits that I can mount on the wall (indoor range) preferably something that can be somehow tamperproof yet accessible in case of emergency.  I don't care about minor accidents, splinters or boo-boos, what I want to do is end up with a kit or kits in case of Trauma.  I like the idea of the vacuum packed kits as one time use with a TQ, some clotting gauze, some gloves and maybe some other items, but I have no idea how to secure them against misuse (theft) yet have it immediately accessible ICOE.

So, anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:48:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DasRonin] [#1]
Get a small Pelican case (or a generic clone) two tourniquets, Sharpie to record the time the tourniquet was applied, Large and small Israeli bandages (2 each), Quick-Clot or Celox gauze (2 to 4 each), EMT shears, two Asherman Chest Seal, gloves (2 to 4 pair),  two small zip ties and two heavy duty keyrings (put the zip ties through the padlock holes with the keyrings to be able to twist the keyrings to break the zip ties).  At the very least have all members view a video on how to utilize the trauma kit, ideally have a "Stop the Bleed" class for club members.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:21:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
We keep our trauma kit in an old school break the glass wall mounted case.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#4]
You'll get lots of recommendations here about stuff to stop leaks. Military stuff is good and usually has instructions in pictures on the outside of the packaging. Keep it simple.

Make sure you also put some clear documentation on or near the kit on how to summon help. An address, and/or if it's in the boonies, put the lat/long so first responders can get to you quickly no matter who is making the call.

Our range has these on every shooting structure:

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
^ all good advice. If you have some money to burn: STB wall kit

May be cheaper to build your own kit and get the hardware from Home Depot if you find Christmas/NYE sales.
Trickier to get but I'd also recommend looking into an Epi-pen if you get bees/ants in the summer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I know this is a late reply, but I think these are great kits as northcoastwizard mentioned. This is a link to the page with all of the public access options. You can get the poly case for $69 and add the kit or whatever kit. I think the kit I've pictured is a really good option. A great base to add to at least.

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/public-access/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#7]
My club is very proactive in this area. And I am happy for it.
When we have a match, the squad bucket with the score cards tape etc has a bo bo kit.
Our storage conex has a trauma kit.
Before every match we remind shooters in the safety brief the location of the kit

Something our club has done and I strongly encourage is also get an AED !
Considering the age of most of our club members ( and most clubs I imagine) a sudden cardiac event is more likely than a trauma event. Have both store them together
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay since I just only recently talked to my board of directors into getting a bleeding control kit to supplement our Johnson & Johnson band aid kit, I'm less certain that they will approve $$$ for an a e d, but I will ask.

I do have one practical question though, I want something that is both easily accessible and emergency and as pilfer proof as I can make it.  Traditionally that is some sort of " in case of emergency break glass " set up but I see several of the options are coming with some type of plastic case. But it's not real clear if they work the same in that you have to break something to get into them.  I don't like the idea of a locked cabinet and actual glass that could presumably cut somebody but I also don't want to have an emergency at the club only to find out that somebody stole our Med kit because we didn't secure it well enough
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#9]
You’ll need a $10 boo boo kit with bandaids and a minimum $50 vok. Or build your own
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top