Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2023 11:48:19 PM EDT
I attended the Defensive 1 pistol clinic at the NRA range on 1/22/23. I was taking this class as a refresher/new skills class. The instructors Chris, Dexter, and Brian did a great job of introductions, laid out the class expectations. They conducted a safety brief. Designated roles and responsibilities to students and instructors. I was the primary ems/medical care giver, i am an emt.

Fellow students were attentive and introduced themselves as well. We had a range of skills from advanced shooters to brand new. The instructors went over gear, carry considerations, and some mind set tools. We also discussed legal aspects of a self defense shooting.

The class moved out onto the range and we began the fun stuff!!! There were 14 students and the 3 instructors. Never felt ignored or that i was losing out on instruction.

We began with some dry fire drills while drawing from the holster. We had a mix of concealed carriers and belt systems in the class. The students were very safe and we did not have violations.

The first drills were a warm up and got us working on grip and sight pictures. We worked on strong and support hand shooting. We also got into “throttle control” and building a cadence.

As we moved along to barricade/cover shooting we had great instruction on the use of cover and moving around the corners.

Towards the end of class we had the chance to challenge ourselves and shoot both the IDPA classifier and the Green Ops standards. Was a great way to finish class and see what we as the students need to work on.

I highly recommend Green Ops for all firearms training. I will continuing with them for all of my further training.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking for classes in VA. This was a big help. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent AAR!. I'm sorry I missed this review. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Chris, Dex and Brian are great instructors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top