Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2021 8:53:16 PM EDT
I'm considering getting into Cowboy Action Shooting, though I don't have a great reason why.  It seems more fun and less intense than some of the 3 gun or high-power shoots?  Has anyone put together a "how to" with regard to getting involved?  Supposedly there is a member resource section on the SASS site, but you need to sign up to access it?   To sign up, you need to come up with some fake name?

Any pointers, websites, or information to check out?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
(I didn't know we had this forum)

The "alias" is probably the hardest part to getting started.

I was at a social event in full gear when some little fellar came up to me, and because from his recollection of seeing Wyatt Earp at the movies, he said, "are you wildearp".  Why yes, yes I am.  I signed up the next day. SASS badge #7904 Life Member

I am sure there are plenty of youtoobs these days to watch of various events. Best thing is to show up at a local match and watch. Ask some of the fellas questions, while waiting for their time in line to shoot.  You will probably end up shooting a string of fire if time allows with loaned pieces.

Some of the gear and ammo is hard to get and pricey right now.  I started with Uberti pistols and Rossi lever action and Coachgun. Ruger didn't make the Vaqueros yet.  I also picked .38 spl because it was the most economical.  Your clothing can be pretty basic, same with leather.  Just get yourself into the game.

@Martlet
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how I missed this response.  Thanks!   There isn't a ton of activity near me.  There are a few clubs that I'm trying to connect with now that the weather is warming up.   I haven't joined SASS because I'll never come up with a name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top