Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2023 1:05:53 PM EDT
Completed course 8/26 - 8/27, held at Gryphon Group Security Solutions, Maxton, NC.

Background: Have experience with pistol and carbine with multiple classes in both, NO long gun experience at all. Mix of experience in the class but most like me. People shot .308, 6mm CM, 6.5 CM and 5.56 (yes, that is correct. A lot of LR classes will not allow this.)

Instructors: Kevin Owens & Kirsten Morgan - Overmatch Consulting

Class: 2 day class, 1st day was, classroom and rifle fitting. A metric shit ton of information! Kevin is the real deal. Detailed reticle, scope, and deep hands-on experience with ballistic calculator (Kestrel) and multiple other topics. 2nd day was chrono, zero, shoot distances/spot as well as non-standard positions, shooter/spotter dialogue, etc (agenda on his website).

Bottom line: Progressed from not knowing a damn thing to becoming confident shooting at distance. One of the best firearms classes I have taken. Kevin is knowledgeable, practical, hands-on and an engaging, personable instructor. Kirsten is fantastic, always there to help with great advice, tips and techniques. I enjoyed it and learned enough that I am taking it again in December. Highly recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top