Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2022 1:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony]
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=303341

The Vintage Sniper Matches are very popular, and I plan to start next year with a M1903a3. There are strict rules (rightfully) so that rifles are period correct.

"IF" the CMP had a MODERN Sniper Match, let's say there are no restrictions. What would you use? For sake of discussion, match is fired at 600, 800, and 1000 yards, 2 shooters on a team.

Semi-auto or bolt? Caliber? (get crazy on this.)
Scope power: unlimited.
Brand of rifle? Don't forget economy minded/beginners!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=303341

...let's say there are no restrictions...

... Don't forget economy minded/beginners!
View Quote

View Quote
These 2 statements are oxymoronic. You cannot address both of them. Redo your cogitation then refine your specification.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
These 2 statements are oxymoronic. You cannot address both of them. Redo your cogitation then refine your specification.
View Quote
I think he meant more of "start with a clean slate and dirty it with rules from there".
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I imagine this would end up being MidRange match rifles, for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:
With suppressors being the norm for most Mil and LE snipers now days, I am sure JetJock will never allow something like this to ever happen.
View Quote
AFAIK, he only had sway on the NRA side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top