Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2016 5:22:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami]
I'm going to steal this post from @LRRPF52:
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
For those of you that really enjoy long range shooting, or want some quality training in being able to connect at distance, to include more explosive targets than you could imagine, Boomershoot 2016 is just around the corner.

Do you want to feel the earth shake when you connect with your target?  How about 3 days of that?  Then you want to register for Boomershoot.

The Precision Rifle Clinic is April 22nd and 23rd, with the big day of Boomershoot on the 24th.

Location:  Orofino, ID, home of NightForce Optics, and a beautiful area with impressive scenery on the Clearwater River

Boomershoot 2017

Boomershoot 2015 Opening Fireball slo-mo

The Setup: Building the Bombs - Boomershoot 4
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:31:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yarael] [#1]
So why are you stealing @LRRPF52 post?? And your YouTube links didn't work for me.

ETA: I finally got the YouTube links to work..
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yarael:
So why are you stealing @LRRPF52 post?? And your YouTube links didn't work for me.

ETA: I finally got the YouTube links to work..
View Quote

I fixed the youtube embeds.

LRRPF52's post is from last year.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Another great year.  It's been too long since I was up there.  Great to be around freedom-loving people, long range shooting, and explosive targets.

If you are coming to Boomershoot next year, you really will benefit from a quality scope.

Get a Vortex Vipe PST or HS at a minimum.  Viper PST Gen II is probably the scope to beat for the money.

Then look at Razors and NightForce.

If you bring a cheap optic, it's going to be a lot of money spent on gas, lodging, meals, ammo, etc. for very little hit probability.

Same for spotting scopes.  The cheap ones just won't provide the resolution you need to see trace or impact at the farther distances.

Most of the boomers are 4" squared, so you can do the math on what kind of accuracy you need.

The closest targets are at 375yds, farthest at 700yds.

When you connect and see a massive boom, with the earth shaking under your body, it's very satisfying, to say the least.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:34:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#4]
Here's the opening for Day 3 from 2015:

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Boomershoot 2016 Opening Fireball
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'm planning on getting The Fix this year and slowly learning LR shooting and finding nearby competitions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top