Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2023 11:27:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rockwind1]
i've got my gun working pretty good,,, BUT,,,I WANT TO REDUCE SUPPRESSOR BLOWBACK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

i am running an criterion 16" barrel with an odin AGB,  a JP h2 silient capture spring, and a tbac ultra 7 .30 cal suppressor

currently have an adjustable gas block already adjusted so that it just barely cycles but will cycle everytime but i have not played with the weights or springs  

what have folks done to reduce any blowback in the AR10 platform?

thanks

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need an AGB.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
my apologies, i put more details in my post.    

i have a well adjusted AGB
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have adjustable gas block too. All the tungsten weights in the JP silent capture and a full mass carrier. Only then did brass come out totally clean.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:
I have adjustable gas block too. All the tungsten weights in the JP silent capture and a full mass carrier. Only then did brass come out totally clean.
View Quote

Pretty much the same results for me.  Did this with My 308 *after alot of going back and forth trying to figure it out* and now all my precision AR pattern rifles have the same setup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]
What is your set up?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By azmp5:

Pretty much the same results for me.  Did this with My 308 *after alot of going back and forth trying to figure it out* and now all my precision AR pattern rifles have the same setup.
View Quote

What is your set up?

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DevL:
View Quote

What full mass did you go with?   How much does your entire bag weigh?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rockwind1:

What is your set up?

View Quote

It's really a JP rifle in a POF body.  

Started with a POF M.R.R. stripped Upper/lower/rail.  

Lower has a HSNM trigger, JP SCS *stated above* and prs stock.  
Upper has a JP full mass BCG with HP bolt, geissele SCH, jp 22" barrel, JP adj gas block, sico brake and a saker 762 that lives on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:51:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#10]
JP FMOS is what is in it. I started with JP LMOS. I also started with just one tungsten weight in the carrier. My silencer is the a SiCo Omega.

Unfortunately,  large frame ARs are MUCH more mass dependant than small frames ARs.

Current barrel is rifle length gas 18" 6.5 Creedmoor with .750" gas block barrel. My next barrel will be an 18" rifle +1" gas length with a Riflespeed gas block, so I can tune the suppressed gas setting and hopefully shed some of the reciprocating mass.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
What gas system does your Criterion have? Most of the blowback you experience while shooting suppressed is actually gas coming back through the barrel and around the spent case as the action begins to unlock. The longer you can delay the extraction of the spent case, the more gas will have to go out the muzzle/suppressor.

An adjustable gas block can slow down the speed of extraction, but a longer gas system will help delay it. If your Criterion isn’t a rifle length, I’d switch it for one that is.

I have two 16” barreled .308’s. One mid length, one rifle. The mid length has an AGB on it. The rifle length does not. After putting a KAK heavy buffer in both, the RLGS rifle is still less gassy than the MLGS rifle with gas adjusted down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top