Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2024 2:27:16 PM EDT
Putting together an optic load-out for my new GAP-10/.308 and want recommendations on a piggyback.
I ordered an ATACR 4-16x42 and planning to mount in a Condition 1. I'm wanting to mount an RDS at 12 o' clock until if/when that real estate is needed, then it will move to the 45.

Current considerations are the RMR, RMR HD, and DPP. Leaning towards the Triji for durability and even more so towards the HD for FOV.

Anyone using an RMR HD in piggyback or 45 configuration on a rifle/carbine?
Any negatives going with the larger HD optic vs the RMR type 2?
Any advice either way or pics of your setup?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwusmc] [#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwusmc] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
I use both piggyback and offset and have no issues with either, although the offset is more natural and quicker for me to acquire.

I prefer smaller footprint red dots in this application.
View Quote

Thanks. Good to know the 45 feels more natural. Thinking I may get both attachments for condition 1 and just put them to the test. Any experience with the RMR HD? Also, what MOA size dot are you liking for your offset?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the scrs for an offset sight. Just wish someone made a ARD for it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:35:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dhena81] [#6]
I run a 12 o'clock Acro on a precision AR15 with a badger 1.54 20MOA comm.  I'd never run it on a 1.73 or 1.93 it would be to tall.  I have NOD's I mainly run it on that particular rifle for the option of passive NV aiming.  The cheek weld sucks when aiming over the top, but during the day you can flip it to mimic a 45 offset RDS when not running aiming passively under NOD's.

I like the 12 because it's ambi, the passive NVD aiming, and being able to use the RDS for aligning the rifle to a target.  Dislikes are because of the height over bore I think I zeroed it at like 66 yards or something for a decent POA and POI at distances I feel like a RDS is useful.

There's no free lunch they both have trade offs I also run a 45 on a rifle.  Really you just need to figure out what your purpose of use is and try for yourself we all have prefrences and your experience will trump whatever some person on a forum has to say.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#7]
I have a 1.70" Badger Ordnance C1 with an RMR mounted at the 12 O'Clock using a Parker Mountain Machine "Cowgirl".  It places the optic a lot lower than the original C1 mount.

Parker Mountain Machine Cowgirl Mount

BE ADVISED that you'll need the thinner screws normally used for RMR setups with Standoff towers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top