Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2024 6:59:17 AM EDT
I've been on DMR for a few years, but I'm new to DSTAR. One of the first things I noticed was their reflectors (think: talkgroups in DMR) are far fewer in number than the groups on DMR (brandmeister and TGIF).

But, then I started reading up on the XLX groups, also accessible as "reflectors" on DSTAR.

The thing is, many of the XLX groups cross mode between DSTAR and other modes, including DMR. There are XLX groups that are accessible simultaneously (bridged) between DMR and DSTAR.

Perhaps I'm the last person to hear of this, but I think not.

Looks like a cool concept, anyway. IMHO.

For more info and a list of current reflectors/talkgroups, see: XLX120 Reflector Dashboard .

Anyone here tried these out? Good/bad experiences?

Cheers,

KRvW

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The XLX bridges are great for those people that only own a D-Star radio. From looking at the list you've linked, I see many of the same DMR and Fusion groups I have been using for years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a hotspot running WPSD, it can natively interact with XLX reflectors using the dashboard under DMRManager.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top