Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 7:09:36 PM EDT
It used to be available at a reasonable price.  However it appears to be MIA.  I am not mormon, but I'm sure someone here knows why it went MIA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they still have it.

LDS Food Store
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a cannery or store house local, you can call them and ask of you can shop there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
If you have a cannery or store house local, you can call them and ask of you can shop there.
View Quote

It’s been some years since I last went, but the LDS cannery in our area was very good to me and a group of friends that would go there. This was before the Obama administration made it hard on them and forced them to close the canneries to the public and just started offering pickup of pre-canned items. It used to be that you would call ahead and schedule a day to come in at night (it’s a service mission for the people working there so it’s done after their work hours), but the FDA made it so hard on them they stopped self serve canning sessions east of the Mississippi.

Good people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve just started using up the stuff I canned in 2011 at the storehouse.  I think it’s time to rotate that stock.  The dried apples are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of it is still online you can order.

If you can find a cannery you can pick stuff up I believe.

During COVID it seems like everything was sold out due to the panic.

We're probably headed there again so get now while the gettin' is good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:50:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The LDS store linked above now has strawberries for, get this, $87.00 a case.

Strawberry Slices
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:

The LDS store linked above now has strawberries for, get this, $87.00 a case.

Strawberry Slices
View Quote

Nobody is safe from Bidenomics
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
If I can also add, the LDS put together a "Preparedness Manual" that can be found online and printed for the cost of only the paper.

This is one of the best preparedness manuals out there that is also free.

There are a few pages in the beginning that offer some of their LDS religious doctrine,  but I have just removed those few pages. No offense, just not religion. I made multiple copies so that I can keep one stored away and one I can write in.

If you are into any form of homesteading or prepping, or the many offshoots of prepping... gardening, canning, storing, etc, this manual is worth printing.
Just search for the "LDS Preparedness Manual " and you can find it online.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dogsoldier03:
If I can also add, the LDS put together a "Preparedness Manual" that can be found online and printed for the cost of only the paper.

This is one of the best preparedness manuals out there that is also free.

There are a few pages in the beginning that offer some of their LDS religious doctrine,  but I have just removed those few pages. No offense, just not religion. I made multiple copies so that I can keep one stored away and one I can write in.

If you are into any form of homesteading or prepping, or the many offshoots of prepping... gardening, canning, storing, etc, this manual is worth printing.
Just search for the "LDS Preparedness Manual " and you can find it online.
View Quote

222 Pages LDS Prep Manual .pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top