Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2022 10:43:26 AM EDT
Looking for suggestions for books that would be handy to have in case civilization ceased over night. Probable primitive skills books including soap making leather tanning, basic chemistry type stuff.

I've seen lots on amazon, but all the reviews basically say avoid, because there full of fluff
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:58:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNZ71] [#1]
Scour yard sales, library sales for "Fox Fire" books.

eta- I thought they were out of print, my bad books 4,5,6, and 11

https://www.foxfire.org/shop/foxfire-book-bundle-books-4-6/
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the 19th century they used to have these " home cyclopedia" books that were aimed at the settlers and had all sorts of information on how to do a wide variety of stuff. From what I understand, some were better than others. Sort of how it is with anything else in life
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top