Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2023 3:46:08 PM EDT
Narrowing down what brand I want to go with. Besides popularity, what are the opinions of each?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#2]
I have both, and they seem to both be similar quality.
Those Kuiu attack pants seem pretty bombproof.  On year 5 of my first pair and they are finally showing some wear, and I wear the hell out of them.

Just got some Sitka Mt pants for colder temps and they are nice too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have slowly been switching over to Kuiu, as mentioned above they are having a big sale right now. They usually have a couple of sales each year.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Sitka, and First Lite and a little Kuiu. What I have been buying lately is Asio Gear and it beats them all as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 8:41:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: banana-clip] [#5]
Ive been looking at the Sitka gear as well.  It doesn't look too bad with a discount code
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Sitka makes good stuff. Any ideas where we could find a discount code?
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to add to this thread this way, but its pertinent- has anyone tried Forloh gear? Somehow they've figured out how to sell made in the US gear at similar prices to Kuiu and Sitka.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I have shifted primarily to Kuiu and used it in some pretty harsh conditions. I found the Sitka stuff to be a little less durable feeling to me.

Have talked to the Forloh guys and plan to get to their store her in Austin soon. If the fit and quality is good, I'll buy some of their stuff.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
i use both brands pretty much exclusively. mostly use Kuiu but it's more for moving around in my opinion because once it gets below 40 it's not warm enough for me, so i switch to sitka incinerator bibs and jacket at that point.  but you can sweat your ass off if you have to exert yourself walking in in that outfit so be mindful of that.  my hunting is all sitting still in a stand for long periods so you get cold quick once settled in.  kuiu seems to run small especially in their jackets.  both are good quality.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Sitka is easily 2x the price it should be, for made in China stuff. They also don't really innovate in their production anymore. I'm wary of recommending it to anyone other than goat or sheep hunters, who don't really care about expense.

I think Kuiu is the same product at a consistently better price, FWIW.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Sitka.  I like Kuiu.  I also like some other brands.  Problem is, very few brands are making tall sizes in tops besides Sitka.  And even then, it's not complete across the line.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stickyheat:
Sitka makes good stuff. Any ideas where we could find a discount code?
View Quote

Current promotion is Sitka Pros each got 5 40% off coupons to share with friends and family.  A few guys still have some codes left and are making them available on facebook sitka pages.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no experience with Sitka other than what I have read or seen on YouTube. I went with Kuiu a few years back and have built quite the collection. I’m not knocking Sitka by any means, but I love my Kuiu stuff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread is making me feel better about all those offers I receive from Kuiu.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoVa] [#15]
I have used some Kuiu and generally like it but I lean towards Sitka because of the pants fit. They have a more relaxed cut where Kuiu has that skinny Jean hipster cut. Sitkas subalpine blends in well in my area as well.

ETA: I just switched to Sitka at the end of last year so I missed dear season with it mostly, here is a photo of turkey season, also took it to Argentina and Idaho this year. Great clothing.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Depends on the specific piece of clothing we’re talking about. I buy solids so it’s easy to mix and match for the best piece. If I were to only pick one brand though it would likely be stone glacier.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Love my Sitka stuff. BIL gets pro discount so it makes it a no-brainer. Plus, it just works
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I like Pnuma.
But I really don't use camo anymore. It hasn't made any difference for me being in camo or just wearing plain green or tan clothing.

A lot of what's out there are overpiced and for layering clothing.
Im not spending $200+ for a set of pants that ill have to shed off within a couple hours of hunting to have another $200 pair of lightweight pants for warmer temps. Same for tops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top