Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:12:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BiteDog] [#1]
Shot on my buddy's lease in central Texas with DPMS 308.

ETA : Page 9 ownage.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]

9 point with another 68gr Privi BTHP Match in a 16" 1/9 upper
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Got this guy on the 17th, here in the Texas Panhandle. I used a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem. Mag. with handloaded 140 grain Barnes TSX bullet. Been wearin' out the hogs, too! Been a fun season. I'll be coming back up after Christmas to test out some 53 & 62 grain Barnes TSX handloads in the AR on a doe and hopefully some more hogs.

Link Posted: 12/24/2009 11:45:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mrcr0603] [#4]
My first deer ever (8-pointer), taken on December 5th, south of Columbus, Ohio.  My second year deer hunting and I took the deer with a slug from an 870.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Took this 10 point buck on 30 November 2009 in south Fulton County, GA.

Link Posted: 2/3/2010 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]

How about one of youngest with a 100% solo AR kill

here my seven year old took this six point buck during the youth hunt back in October. Handload of Barnes 70grain TSX and Varget. Gun is YHM 1:7 twist upper on a Bushmaster lower. Leupold Mark AR scope 1x4. Before any of you start to think that I shot it for him, forget it. We practiced several times even out to 100 yards. He could actually keep about a 4 inch group at 100 yards with no problem on a rest. I felt comfortable letting him take any shot 50 yards and in. This guy stopped about 50 yards out, he dropped the hammer on him and the deer actually circled towards us and piled up about 30 yards out. The shot was slightly quartering to and he hit him just a little back( I had told him to shoot dead center shoulder). You can see in the pic where it exited. When we skinned it the hemmoraging was quite extensive for such a little bullet. In fact my father thought he may just start deer hunting with a .223 and barnes bullets.
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice deer kills genlemen and congrats to all the youngins getting their deer also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By newblkrifle:
Originally Posted By oakme2:
Ok it's not an Ar but I have killed many with my AR's. My first time in the woods with a bow, god was good to me.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr162/oakme2/thehunt0101.png

Bows get the big boys.
I've killed some bucks and have never seen one worth a shit when holding a gun.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/newblkrifle/IMG_2314-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/newblkrifle/IMG_2336.jpg

Nice, A Jennings Buckmasters. Same bow I shoot. Heavy as shit but I love that bow. Wish I had a trophy to show with mine. I will soon!
TD

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
This hog was 375lbs and taken at Buck Tail Ranch in Indian River, MI.  It has a 120 acre pen, and they only release 5 hogs for you to hunt.  Great damn place to go!!  Took about 6 hours to bag this one, had to creep up on them a few times with no luck, and finaly got a shot on this one at about 50 yards when it showed its shoulder through some thick trees.  Standing shot with a Bushmaster that had a truglow reddot on it (cheap I know, was all they had at the store on my way there) but it did the job.  It tipped over like it was hit by a truck, kicked a few times, and it was out.  Buddy shot his with a 300wsm behind the shoulder and it ran 100 yards and took 20 minutes to die.  5.56mm 55gr FMJ for the win on this one!!

2009/2010 Season, no luck on the big rack last year.  Still eats the same!

Link Posted: 7/25/2010 10:34:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JWP58] [#10]
So was the deer in a pen also?

Sorry i dont see the sport in shooting caged animals. Way to go! give the anti's more fuel...
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JWP58:

Sorry i dont see the sport in shooting caged animals. Way to go! give the anti's more fuel...

No one shoots fenced deer or hogs in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MattinAZ:

No one shoots fenced deer or hogs in Texas.

And i would say the same to them as well.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
You do realize that wild hogs are the rats of the great outdoors, don't you? I have no problem with someone selling canned hog hunts. Me? I just shoot the bastards in the trap. I would sell canned hog hunts if anyone around here would pay for one. Wild hogs are a real problem right now....
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By garanditis:
You do realize that wild hogs are the rats of the great outdoors, don't you? I have no problem with someone selling canned hog hunts. Me? I just shoot the bastards in the trap. I would sell canned hog hunts if anyone around here would pay for one. Wild hogs are a real problem right now....

So how the FUCK, is raising a hog in an pen and then releasing it in to a 120 acre field = wild hog hunting?

That hog was farm raised (not hard to tell due to its features, the thing would probably eat out of your hand) and released to shoot. Not even CLOSE to a feral hog, which are a problem.

But i'm sure you realized that.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of assumptions on your part. That being said, it's a fucking hog. I think a canned hunt on a hog is more honorable than a trip to HEB for a package of pork chops. A fucking slaughterhouse is industrialized production so the masses are guilt free when they buy their pork (beef, chicken, fish, etc...). That way it's just meat, not an animal. Me, I like to look my food in the eye and then kill it.  That sow went from "Woohoo, freedom" to "Lights out" without going through a slaughterhouse. I'm sure any hog would prefer that.

Visit a slaughterhouse, then come back and preach at me.

P.S. A lot of the canned hunt operations buy wild hogs from trappers to provide hunting animals. Michigan has a huge feral hog problem. (Feral, as in being domestic hogs gone wild, as opposed to russian boars that are the real problem here in Texas)
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The ranch I took it from is not a "canned" hunt.  Their hogs are not the type you can walk up to, or you would care to get friendly with.  They are kept as wild as possible, and as a friend of mine found out on the last hunt we did, very dangerous.  It took a great deal of stealth to get up on these hogs.  I have seen videos of other ranches that just bottle them up and you walk in and pick one to shoot 20 yards away.  This is not the case here.

It is a 220 acre pin, with 5 to 6 hogs in it.  It took me the better part of the day to track and stalk up on the one pictured.  Texas and Michigan are 2 different zones.  We are now getting problems down south here with wild hogs that excaped from a ranch years ago, and that is my next hoorah this fall.  As we can hunt them year around without license and no limit on kills.  

Difference is that the hogs at the ranch I shoot at are fixed, and seem to taste much better than a Texas wild hog.  I like to eat my food, and that is why I picked this place.  It provided a good hunt, and a damn tastey hog ontop of that.

No, the deer was taken out back of our property.  I choose to hunt them real close.  I like them to get within 15 - 20 yards of me.  I like the rush of having them so close, and no I don't use a blind.  I sit on a block behind a few stacked railroad ties

Perhaps the flame job was a little premature fellas
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tacso] [#17]
I could say the same about people who plant deer feed and bait year around watching shots from the trail cam, then go out and sit in a high speed bliind you could live a week in, picking off their deer with a bolt gun 50 yards out while eating their soup and reading a playboy......

Had to edit...

And whats funny is those guys buy the 600.00 hunting suit, a bag full of scent lock soap and spray.  Go to some BS seminar on how to hunt white tail, all that funny shit.

I shot a nice 8 point that was 20 yards from me while I still had a ciggerette lit in my mouth.  

All it takes to hunt white tail is to stand still and not make noise.  Its real easy ;)  I will sit on my block and rest my rifle on a log, and sit that way for a long time, not moving, resting my cheek on the buttstock with my offhand wrapped up and around on my shoulder for support.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mrcr0603:
My first deer ever (8-pointer), taken on December 5th, south of Columbus, Ohio.  My second year deer hunting and I took the deer with a slug from an 870.

http://www.hunt101.com/uploads/11798/First_Deer_-_12-5-09_-_Compress.jpg

Chris

I have never shot anything that big and that is your first deer ever?  I am sorry but,

YOU SUCK!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seagrunt] [#19]
6 pt. 151lbs.    64 gr. Federal Power Shok   approx. 90 yds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#20]
That is a nice looking 6 pointer
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 9:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PKRobbins] [#21]

So how the FUCK, is raising a hog in an pen and then releasing it in to a 120 acre field = wild hog hunting?

That hog was farm raised (not hard to tell due to its features, the thing would probably eat out of your hand) and released to shoot. Not even CLOSE to a feral hog, which are a problem.
Ever raise hogs?  Ever hear the phrase "He went to shit and the hogs ate him."?  There's a reason for that saying.  A woman down the road from my FILs farm fell in the hog pen and a sow had her ear bit off before she could get up.  If you want to fed one of the bastards out of your hand come on down, I'll buy the feed and set up the camera.  We'll be stars on YouTube

Link Posted: 9/27/2010 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I didn't see any posts from AZ =( I dont have any pics of my deer on here sadly but here is my dad and I in central AZ with Javalina we took. I used my Bushmaster as my dad used his R15. Then I got my Elk with Marlin 45-70 (I know, not an AR15) but here is some love from AZ.... Wish I had my deer pics on my computer =(

2008 Javalina General Firearms hunt Unit: 23 (Yes they are very good to eat if you can cook!!!)

2008 General Cow Elk Hunt Unit: 5A

2009 General Cow Elk Hunt Unit: 23N

Sadly we don't have the populations or certain game like TX or MN have where we can take multiple deer or wild Hogs. I do want to go hunt for Wild hogs in TX, I hear they get MASSIVE!!!! and the Deer in Northern states are much nicer than here. Our WT's are tiny but we have some beefy Mule Deer =)
Link Posted: 9/30/2010 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PKRobbins:

Ever raise hogs?  Ever hear the phrase "He went to shit and the hogs ate him."?  There's a reason for that saying.  A woman down the road from my FILs farm fell in the hog pen and a sow had her ear bit off before she could get up.  If you want to fed one of the bastards out of your hand come on down, I'll buy the feed and set up the camera.  We'll be stars on YouTube

Thats true.  On the last hunt we did, a guy working for the company kept winging this hog, and the last one, the arrow cut its stomach open.  So I handing him my AR and told him to finish the damn thing.  He shot this hog 2 times, the 2nd shot made the hog tumble in mid run, and it went under a downed log.  We got up to it and the 4 of us were standing there about 15 feet away tired from running after this thing for him and I told him to off it.  The hog was laying on its stomach with its head up looking at us, blood coming out of its mouth, snorting.  He just stood there doing nothing.  So I grabbed the rifle from his hands, and soon as I did, that hog stapped to its feet and started chomping its teeth, and it was friggin loud.  That big bastard rushed me,  I just back peddled and dumped what was left in the mag into its head.  I put 5 shots in its forhead in what I could only chalk up as some sort of freak of nature group.  That damn hog landed about 3 feet from me with the back of its head blown out.  Yeah, walk up and shoot them my ass lol.  Perhaps in a pin where they are raised from piglets in the house with the kids.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Whats the point bluring your face? Were not looking at you...............
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 11:42:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bendigo78] [#25]
My hunting buddy with my first AR kill.

The only buck I've taken with an AR.  Found a .223 slug in his neck from the previous year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By M4Madness:
How about a slight modification, and just say "Deer taken with an AR-15 Rifle"? Many states don't allow calibers as small as .223 for deer hunting, so a lot of AR-15 kills would be excluded by limiting it to .223. Many use AR-15's in .458 SOCOM, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, .50 Beowulf, etc.

Just let me know.

all you have to do is yell out it coming right for us!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#27]
My daughter's first deer.
3X4 Blacktail.  Taken with her 6.8 SPC.
60 yard shot and she double lunged him.
Staggered a bit and down he went.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I know its not a deer but deer season is not open here yet. will edit with deer pics. Here is my opening day speed goat. Had a blast it was my 2 year olds first hunting trip. Used my home build 6.8 with a SSA 110 grain pro hunter. One shot passed thru at 120 yards. Dead on the spot. B&C 71 inches real heavy but not very tall.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Taken with a .25 cal wildcat AR on 10/11/10
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Very sharp looking pic there 7.62
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Tacso:
Very sharp looking pic there 7.62

Thanks.....First Buck

Link Posted: 10/18/2010 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice photography on the buck 7.62
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By overkill375:
Nice photography on the buck 7.62

Thanks, and back at ya....nice antelope....was hoping to make a Wyoming trip for them, but it looks like I'm gonna miss the boat....

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By overkill375:
I know its not a deer but deer season is not open here yet. will edit with deer pics. Here is my opening day speed goat. Had a blast it was my 2 year olds first hunting trip. Used my home build 6.8 with a SSA 110 grain pro hunter. One shot passed thru at 120 yards. Dead on the spot. B&C 71 inches real heavy but not very tall.
http://i51.tinypic.com/9an7h0.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/1sxtsy.jpg

Nice looking speed goat there, what area did you get him in ? I chased around Cascade south of Great Falls and couldn't get within a 1000yds of the damn things. If I did they were always on the wrong side of the fence, (if you know what I mean).
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#36]

opening day elk Loving the 6.8 spc. Details in the big game forum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#37]
nice elk. That's my dream hunt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By battlestick:
Originally Posted By mrcr0603:

http://www.hunt101.com/uploads/11798/First_Deer_-_12-5-09_-_Compress.jpg

Chris

I have never shot anything that big and that is your first deer ever?  I am sorry but,

YOU SUCK!

LOL .... I know how you feel!  Know that this was my second year deer hunting and I didn't even have a shot last year.

My wife's relatives own the land, they all grew up there and they're avid all-around hunters.  They told me that this was the biggest deer that they've ever seen and that's decades of deer hunting for them on this land.  They were speechless when we brought this up to the house.

The really special part to this experience is that I had talked my wife into being there with our kids that day.  So my family was there to see this and the kids were all running around saying, "DADDY GOT A BUCK!"  

Chris
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MonkeyFist:

My daughter's first deer.
3X4 Blacktail.  Taken with her 6.8 SPC.
60 yard shot and she double lunged him.
Staggered a bit and down he went.

That's awesome !!!  She had to be stoked with a buck being her first.....

Congrats
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I love this thread...but it makes me jealous.
Link Posted: 11/8/2010 8:24:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xtremesports1975] [#41]
Yesterday I took 2 does with my 12 inch barreled 6.8 SBR.  One at 20 yards dropped in her tracks.  I shot the other when she stopped running around 100 yards away and once hit she ran around 20 yards and piled up.

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#42]
You in the mclean county area?
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
rock river ar15........

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/deerhunting01.jpg

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Posted int he 2010 deer thread as well....25gr RL15 under 62 gr TSX.  Good time had by all.

Exit wound on the doe.

Exit wound on the buck.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 762x40mm:
http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=22586

What tube is that?

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762x40mm] [#45]
Originally Posted By snowcrab:
Originally Posted By 762x40mm:
http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=22586

What tube is that?

Rifle length Hogue.....link:  Bought the handguard and pistol grip as a set from Midway

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#46]

75gr BlackHIlls Match. Taken in Nebraska with a 16in AR15 topped with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Taken with my Fudd gun this morning.  7-08 New Winchester 70 (FN-made in South Carolina)

Link Posted: 11/27/2010 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Newbe here, got my first deer with my AR today.  I would love to post a picture if someone could help me and tell me how to insert a picture.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#49]
S&W MP..70 yards...65g SGK...an amazing combo!

Link Posted: 11/28/2010 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Placeholder - Son just sent me a blurry picture from his phone of the 8-pointer he killed this morning while hunting with my dad.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top