User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#3]
I've pulled drain plugs on transmissions and differentials that had magnets on them. They all had very fine metal shavings on the magnets, but I've just never seen shavings that big. The shavings I've found on the magnets were so fine that mixed with the oil they almost seemed like a paste.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

I'm confused.

Is this not true, that you got hurt felling a tree?
View Quote
It was a joke.  Did you not see the:     ?

Also:  Sharp eyes will note that I don't live in Illinois, where the video came from.  I stole the video off of TBN.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Merlin:

Also:  Sharp eyes will note that I don't live in Illinois, where the video came from.  I stole the video off of TBN.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm confused.

Is this not true, that you got hurt felling a tree?

False advertising OP owes us each a case of ammo!

And no I didn't notice that the tractor lacks a gun slash chainsaw rack.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

False advertising OP owes us each a case of ammo!

And no I didn't notice that the tractor lacks a gun slash chainsaw rack.
View Quote
Yea, it's not a coincidence that almost all my tractor pics includes shots of my AR on my tractor.  I like it there.  

No case of ammo, but if you're really peeved, PM my your address and I'll send you something useful (hopefully) as a consolation prize.  This includes all the people that I replied "Got One!" to; I believe, IRC, that it was three people. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea, it's not a coincidence that almost all my tractor pics includes shots of my AR on my tractor.  I like it there.  

No case of ammo, but if you're really peeved, PM my your address and I'll send you something useful (hopefully) as a consolation prize.  This includes all the people that I replied "Got One!" to; I believe, IRC, that it was three people. 
View Quote
Prizes?   hmm....

Oh man, are you ok?  How long did it take you to get off the ground after your terrible tree accident?

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sublimeshooter:

Prizes?   hmm....

Oh man, are you ok?  How long did it take you to get off the ground after your terrible tree accident?

View Quote
Nice try bubba!  WTH, I'll send you one too.  PM me your address, chalk it up to Feral as a pay forward.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice try bubba!  WTH, I'll send you one too.  PM me your address, chalk it up to Feral as a pay forward.
View All Quotes

Prizes?   hmm....

Careful it might be skidstained underwear.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I'll let @Feral tell what he sent me a couple months ago as a PIF (at +$28 shipping I might add) and then you can decide if it's worth a PM.  It's nothing major Like I said, but hopefully you *would* find it useful.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Had to read that again trying to understand how skid steers affected your underwear selection
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
Had to read that again trying to understand how skid steers affected your underwear selection
View All Quotes

Someplace might not hold the load! Skidsteers don't like steep terrain.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#13]
My helper went to town so I'm back to watching chickens.
We got a couple of trips before she escaped.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Only picture I have right now. 2040 putting hay out for the cows last winter. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Making Rounds!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]

I'll let @Feral tell what he sent me a couple months ago as a PIF (at +$28 shipping I might add) and then you can decide if it's worth a PM.  It's nothing major Like I said, but hopefully you *would* find it useful.
View Quote
I didn't actually want anything, I just found the situation amusing!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Well then my bad:  I thought meant I was being a smart ass.

Learn something new every day.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:59:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#21]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Emoticons are interesting that way, don't you think?

For instance... to me, means "confused" or "I dont' understand this"

And means "wtf???"

But I don't think they mean that same thing to other people, and when the "helpful text" appears above the emoticons, it does not read ANYTHING like how I see the little face.

So...if you say you were run over by a goat and post  I think you are likely okay, and are feeling kind of stupid for getting run over by a goat, but you will live to taunt another goat one day.
View All Quotes
Well then my bad:  I thought meant I was being a smart ass.

Learn something new every day.

Emoticons are interesting that way, don't you think?

For instance... to me, means "confused" or "I dont' understand this"

And means "wtf???"

But I don't think they mean that same thing to other people, and when the "helpful text" appears above the emoticons, it does not read ANYTHING like how I see the little face.

So...if you say you were run over by a goat and post  I think you are likely okay, and are feeling kind of stupid for getting run over by a goat, but you will live to taunt another goat one day.
Now I'm confused I thought it means beat up or bad day. I thought this was the I got you one. Ain't this the smart ass?

Oh well it was still more entertaining than the nightly liberal news crying about Trump the destroyer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Used it to move trailer loads of arfcommers around

Got some targets picked up off the "B" range so I could mow.

Then used it to transport to the creek and bridge for R&R.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/wW67sesiXYg[/youtube]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm the only neighbor with a backhoe and got a call that couldn't wait for morning

Also decided I need to get work lights because when you need them it's too late.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm the only neighbor with a backhoe and got a call that couldn't wait for morning

Also decided I need to get work lights because when you need them it's too late.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326526/IMG-2660-230276.JPG
View Quote
Been there. Really sucks when the owner is standing there watching the whole thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
That is never fun. But why couldn't it wait for daylight?

I know.... Feelings.... Good for you being a good neighbor though!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#27]

That is never fun. But why couldn't it wait for daylight?

I know.... Feelings.... Good for you being a good neighbor though!
View Quote
My work schedule, I'm gone until Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PA452:
Been there. Really sucks when the owner is standing there watching the whole thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA452:

X2
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Brought 2 home and one to a friend.
Ford 800
Deere 2040
and no idea what the other one is.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Cut the development road edges from the house out to the road with the 1025R & Caroni finish mower.

Then switched out the finish mower for the trailer mover & hauled the dump trailer with about 2.5 - 3 yards of topsoil out to the yard location designated by SWMBO ...
(The dirt was from out at the acreage, part of a pile that accumulated while clearing a circle drive for moving equipment in & out. Loaded it today with the 3038e left out there for bush hogging but no pics.)

The 1025R is really too light to be dealing with that trailer & load if the area wasn't as flat as it was, both because the trailer brakes couldn't be used and because when dumping the load on the ball can go negative (note to self: homebrew a lighter socket powered brake control box or controller host...).  Raising the front a bit with the FEL down & bucket at full dump was a good precaution even with a small slope while dumping...

Nick
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#31]
Continuing in the theme of asking too much of the 1025R ...

The wife wants a flagpole installed before July 4, so I have been putting together materials to build one roughly 28' tall from galvanized schedule 40 pipe, using a tip-up design.  Part of the process is making a foundation that will accomodate two pieces of 2" pipe 2" apart & set in about 4' deep. Since the 3038e is out at the acreage I thought I'd take a chance & try the 1025R with the 12" auger...

The 1025R has about half the 3pth lift capacity of the 3038e, so this was a tough job for it - especially with the 12" auger & having the arms lifting from the lowest of the attachment points (for max height).  It nearly got the the point of needing to get out the 3' pipe wrench to "unscrew" the auger a couple of times towards the end when the yellow clay tried to claim it.   Luckily a little rocking eased it enough to finally rise up each time.  

The job got done, but kind of a nail biter along the way.   The 1025R might do ok with a 6" auger, but 12" into a clay layer was asking a bit much if doing more than one...

Nick
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
Cut the development road edges from the house out to the road with the 1025R & Caroni finish mower.

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170615_DT-06.jpg

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170615_DT-07.jpg

Then switched out the finish mower for the trailer mover & hauled the dump trailer with about 2.5 - 3 yards of topsoil out to the yard location designated by SWMBO ...
(The dirt was from out at the acreage, part of a pile that accumulated while clearing a circle drive for moving equipment in & out. Loaded it today with the 3038e left out there for bush hogging but no pics.)

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170615_DT-10.jpg

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170615_DT-13.jpg

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170615_DT-16.jpg

The 1025R is really too light to be dealing with that trailer & load if the area wasn't as flat as it was, both because the trailer brakes couldn't be used and because when dumping the load on the ball can go negative (note to self: homebrew a lighter socket powered brake control box or controller host...).  Raising the front a bit with the FEL down & bucket at full dump was a good precaution even with a small slope while dumping...

Nick
View Quote
If it has emergency breaks powered by the onboard battery you can also pull the cord to activate the breaks for a while. Would try to get done as quickly as possible though because they are gonna get hot/drain the battery.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Harrowed then rolled the running/mini-bike/bicycle track
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow, that's awesome property.  What do you mow with?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Thank you.

I only own a little over 5 acres. The surrounding farmland you see is not mine. I mow about 2 1/2 weekly with the MMM on the 1025R. I mow the rest with a 4' Woods rotary cutter about 3-4 times a year.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 217:
Thank you.

I only own a little over 5 acres. The surrounding farmland you see is not mine. I mow about 2 1/2 weekly with the MMM on the 1025R. I mow the rest with a 4' Woods rotary cutter about 3-4 times a year.
View All Quotes
Thank you.

I hope you can accumulate more the kids look happy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
That's a neat idea. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:03:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 217] [#40]

Does that path go only on your property?

That's very cool, either way.
View Quote
Thank you. Yes it does. It's only about a 5th of mile long. It's nice because it keep my kids off the road riding bikes. Also, my wife and I can jog out there and stay off the road while young kids are home.

Obligatory wife pic and pic from path to house. We can sit on the deck and watch the kids play on it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Thank you. Yes it does. It's only about a 5th of mile long. It's nice because it keep my kids off the road riding bikes. Also, my wife and I can jog out there and stay off the road while young kids are home.

Obligatory wife pic and pic from path to house. We can sit on the deck and watch the kids play on it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1407-236953.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1401-236958.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1404-236960.JPG
View All Quotes

Does that path go only on your property?

That's very cool, either way.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1407-236953.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1401-236958.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1404-236960.JPG
Sorry can't help myself, but your wife needs a pair of green shorts to match the bucket of the tractor.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
If all goes as planned I'll be adding to this thread next Saturday . Tractor has left the factory and is enroute to the dealer.  Financing is approved, just gotta go sign forms and bring it home!  Managed to get an additional $1050 in incentives since ordering in March.

Its going to be a long week 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
If all goes as planned I'll be adding to this thread next Saturday . Tractor has left the factory and is enroute to the dealer.  Financing is approved, just gotta go sign forms and bring it home!  Managed to get an additional $1050 in incentives since ordering in March.

Its going to be a long week 
View Quote

Kinda like waiting on a stamp!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ejeviking:

Kinda like waiting on a stamp!
View Quote
Waiting on that too   Just gonna be another 6 months or so 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
Continuing in the theme of asking too much of the 1025R ...

The wife wants a flagpole installed before July 4, so I have been putting together materials to build one roughly 28' tall from galvanized schedule 40 pipe, using a tip-up design.  Part of the process is making a foundation that will accomodate two pieces of 2" pipe 2" apart & set in about 4' deep. Since the 3038e is out at the acreage I thought I'd take a chance & try the 1025R with the 12" auger...

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170616_1025RPHD-2.jpg

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170616_1025RPHD-4.jpg

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170616_1025RPHD-5.jpg

The 1025R has about half the 3pth lift capacity of the 3038e, so this was a tough job for it - especially with the 12" auger & having the arms lifting from the lowest of the attachment points (for max height).  It nearly got the the point of needing to get out the 3' pipe wrench to "unscrew" the auger a couple of times towards the end when the yellow clay tried to claim it.   Luckily a little rocking eased it enough to finally rise up each time.  

The job got done, but kind of a nail biter along the way.   The 1025R might do ok with a 6" auger, but 12" into a clay layer was asking a bit much if doing more than one...

Nick
View Quote
I've used a 12" auger on my 8N and it wasn't very fun. The soil around here is mostly clay and there was not enough lift capacity on the 3-pt so I had to pry it up with a long piece of lumber to get it out of the ground Clay is a SOB!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Went to dealership yesterday to get stuff to service my 1025R. They took my 4 kids in rides around the lot in this. You'd have thought they were in heaven.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Went to dealership yesterday to get stuff to service my 1025R. They took my 4 kids in rides around the lot in this. You'd have thought they were in heaven.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184632/IMG-1418-238462.JPG
View Quote
They were just trying to build tomorrows future monsters oops farmers.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Cleaned it some.

Took off home made ass bumper and checked out what I got to work with.

Wires everywhere... No key, just a push button. Probably going to re-paint hood and other sheet metal. Got filters for everything to change.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
If they let me test drive that it might not come back
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
I couldn't afford the fuel to keep that ole gal running.
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top