Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
Just don't forget buying them thing's gets addictive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
Originally Posted By Muad:
Borrowed my good friend's B2920 to till up the garden beds. Got one done last night after work.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/616B63DC-E6A0-40EA-A6F8-CACB32EC5035_zpsvfy70ncz.jpg

Man I love this thing. I'm considering buying one, as I need a better solution for mowing our property, plus I could use a small loader for cleaning out the barn, etc. 

A size compare just for fun (Ford 3930 - Kubota B2920) 
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/980AC2BA-77F4-48D7-B453-B4C7B404C886_zpsxyuiqomj.jpg
Do it!  It's only money 
Just don't forget buying them thing's gets addictive.
I can see that. 

There must be a sickness with it, like BRD. I have even had thoughts of selling guns to buy more stuff!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Muad:
I can see that. 

There must be a sickness with it, like BRD. I have even had thoughts of selling guns to buy more stuff!!

View Quote
Intervention!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Put some nose art on her today... my young boys love it!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you like your 1025R?

I gave those a hard look when I was buying but just didn't want to spend the money on new. Ended up with a BX23, but the JD had some features I really liked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PA452:
How do you like your 1025R?

I gave those a hard look when I was buying but just didn't want to spend the money on new. Ended up with a BX23, but the JD had some features I really liked.
View Quote
I've been really happy with it. I've put 150 hours on it in 1 year.

Funny you say that. I was looking at Kubota and really wanted one. JD is closer to my house and they gave me a killer deal.

Only issue was the factory block heater did not work. They picked it up and fixed it. Didn't charge me anything.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 217:

I've been really happy with it. I've put 150 hours on it in 1 year.

Funny you say that. I was looking at Kubota and really wanted one. JD is closer to my house and they gave me a killer deal.

Only issue was the factory block heater did not work. They picked it up and fixed it. Didn't charge me anything.
View Quote
I really wanted the backhoe too. Had I come across a used 1025R with a backhoe for a similar price, I might have went that route. But I've been pretty happy with my Kubota so far too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
That's just plum cool!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the idea of nose art.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
New (used) disc harrow for food plots and breaking up dirt for berms

Did a little chainsaw work to clear a path for a new berm at 400-600 (depending on where you shoot from)

Pushing up the cut brush

Earlier work

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
That harrow looks to need some weight on it. We took a piece of I beam bit enough to load cinderblocks in and welded it to the top. Worked out perfectly, the harrow used just walk more then it cut and it really helped out
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Its_The_Kid:
That harrow looks to need some weight on it. We took a piece of I beam bit enough to load cinderblocks in and welded it to the top. Worked out perfectly, the harrow used just walk more then it cut and it really helped out
View Quote
It's really heavy.  No weight needed at this point.  On our old, old harrow, we had an expanded metal "shelf" that we would load rocks on.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:54:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#13]
Started my Taj Mahal Upgrade (TMU) yesterday.  Of course, the first step in the TMU process was to:  Move the TM to my Taj Mahal Upgrade Modification Center (TMUMC - aka my Shop).

No big deal, break out my Kubota L4330 with FEL forks and go to work.

Pics should tell the story:

My Taj Mahal located in it's natural habitat i.e. my lower field.  In the first two pics, you can just barely see my house just to the right of the TM.

This pic is from the north, looking south.  About here, I'm directly in front of my house, but about 200 yards downhill.  You should be able to see my TM right in the center of the pic.

Got it to the top of the hill!

Just about to enter the TMUMC:

And she's in!!!

Hope you liked the pics!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#14]
That is great, mind sharing where you got the decals?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Grizz272:
View Quote
if you use the loader, that art won't last long.

it does look cool though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Started my Taj Mahal Upgrade (TMU) yesterday.  Of course, the first step in the TMU process was to:  Move the TM to my Taj Mahal Upgrade Modification Center (TMUMC - aka my Shop).

No big deal, break out my Kubota L4330 with FEL forks and go to work.

Pics should tell the story:

My Taj Mahal located in it's natural habitat i.e. my lower field.  In the first two pics, you can just barely see my house just to the right of the TM.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20161107_122704884_HDR%20Large_zps3nhcw3mf.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20161107_123145267%20Large_zpspflxulgn.jpg

This pic is from the north, looking south.  About here, I'm directly in front of my house, but about 200 yards downhill.  You should be able to see my TM right in the center of the pic.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20161107_123336653_HDR%20Large_zpsp321sn7u.jpg

Got it to the top of the hill!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20170429_112314093_HDR%20Large_zpsdit89war.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20170429_112342342_HDR%20Large_zpsnakrj2jm.jpg

Just about to enter the TMUMC:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20170429_112821029%20Large_zpsmyuqglgi.jpg

And she's in!!!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/Albinator/Deer%20Shooting%20Shack%20I/IMG_20170429_113220430%20Large_zpsrlieseje.jpg

Hope you liked the pics!
View Quote
Nice, strange how after you have a tractor everything you build starts to have very specific dimensions, max weights and joist layouts
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kaizer27:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaizer27:
Link
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HKH:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grizz272:

I realize that... they were inexpensive and I don't dig a whole lot with it. I mainly just carry stuff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#19]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

Nice, strange how after you have a tractor everything you build starts to have very specific dimensions, max weights and joist layouts
View Quote
Actually, I didn't build it.  I bought it from a Redstone Arsenal Fed cop who originally built and used it for an above ground pool deck.  I modded it to make it my lower field deer shooting platform i.e. my Taj Mahal.

The TMU will be to hard side it with walls, roof, windows, carpet, a bench etc. etc. etc.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 217:

I realize that... they were inexpensive and I don't dig a whole lot with it. I mainly just carry stuff.
View Quote
I'm actually jealous My loader paint is trashed. I dig the decals
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I did not take pics, but I used the pto tiller to till up my garden finally.  I got it planted too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm actually jealous My loader paint is trashed. I dig the decals
View Quote
There's something to be said for a loader with the paint trashed on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:51:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Its_The_Kid] [#23]
When you go check a known water hole in a plot you got to cut and find out where the slop starts
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#24]
When you go check a known water hole in a plot you got to cut and find out where the slop starts
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17424971_10206591211538696_5600417276554108300_n.jpg?oh=20ec3926abcb3202bd385e120b3cd6e7&oe=59C01BD9
View Quote
I'm not a professional but I think you're supposed to leave the slop there
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm not a professional but I think you're supposed to leave the slop there
View Quote
It tried turning me into a swamp monster, 0/10 was not impressed
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:
Not today but this one gets light use, pull manure trailer, and occasionally old figgity dodges that won't crank
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/MSUbulldog21/Vehicles/FA4BF12C-1629-4892-953C-A9872B833426_zpswlospekh.jpg
View Quote
Hubba, hubba.  Nice M, mine is not that purty.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
I have been using an old pallet as a platform on my fork attachment but wanted something a little bigger and stronger to use for various projects.

Basically made a heavy duty pallet.

I had my 16 gallon sprayer on it yesterday out spot spraying fire ants.

The ants are really bad this year and I need to broadcast some bait but haven't had a chance yet.

I have a nice spreader set up for bait made to go on the back of an ATV but I sold my four wheeler.

I have the remains of an old sprayer that was made to go on the three point hitch.

I plan to cut it up and fabricate some sort of mount for the spreader. Wish I had a welder but don't.

Will have to figure out something using bolts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG-7070-196714.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG-7071-196717.JPG
View Quote
I used the remains of an old 3 point sprayer to make a mount for my fire ant bait spreader.

Came out pretty good I thought. Now I just need to get the wiring figured out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
How do you like your Herd spreader?

I just killed my second pull-behind geared spreader and never again.  So I need either an ATV 12vdc spreader or a 3ph spreader for my tractor.  Small 1-3 acre deer plots, not huge industrial agri-acres.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#29]

How do you like your Herd spreader?

I just killed my second pull-behind geared spreader and never again.  So I need either an ATV 12vdc spreader or a 3ph spreader for my tractor.  Small 1-3 acre deer plots, not huge industrial agri-acres.
View Quote
I like it fine but only use it to broadcast fire ant bait.

The fire ants are really bad around here and they will cause all sorts of problems if not kept under control.

We had such a bad drought last summer that there were not many and the conditions were not good to put out bait.

Now that we have had some rain and it is warming up they are popping up everywhere.

I'm not convinced that the Herd spreader would work all that great for fertilizer, might be ok for seed.

I have used and still have a pull behind that works ok for light duty use but it is hard to beat a 3 point pto spreader.

I used to borrow my neighbors 3pt on occasion but he moved.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:04:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#30]
TN, will a 3ph spreader work for small seed like clover?

The reviews on ATV 12 vdc spreaders are all over the map and I'm really reluctant to spend another $300 on a crappy spreader.  At least with a 3ph pto powered spreader, I would more likely get agri-quality as opposed to consumer quality (excepting the TSC Countyline version, which appears to be a POS).  Plus used 3 ph spreaders are available all the time on Craigslist.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:43:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TN-MadDog] [#31]

The reviews on ATV 12 vdc spreaders are all over the map and I'm really reluctant to spend another $300 on a crappy spreader.  At least with a 3ph pto powered spreader, I would more likely get agri-quality as opposed to consumer quality (excepting the TSC Countyline version, which appears to be a POS).  Plus used 3 ph spreaders are available all the time on Craigslist.

Thanks,
View Quote
Clover seed is really small. I don't know if a 3pt could be set up for that.

The Herd spreader would work great for that. It can be set up for different size seed and rates.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Finished up chipping the last of the poles from the wood pile.

I put a toggle switch over-ride for the seat presence switch under the seat as the 3038e does not have a provision for off-seat PTO use.

Most of the pile ended up at a county facility via the PJ dump trailer as we never found anyone who wanted to come pick up fire wood. Poles small enough for the chipper got chipped as the wife likes aged chips for mulch around her plantings.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]

The Herd spreader would work great for that. It can be set up for different size seed and rates.
View All Quotes

Thanks,

I have a Moultrie ATV spreader that I use for clover and turnips. It works really well being as it has small openings. I have a big 500# spreader that works fair but it seems to get better coverage if you mix clover and rye grass. I get the best results when I put clover in the small seed box of the notill drill while planting wheat and oats.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#34]
My pallet forks showed up today.  I originally was set on the Artillian forks and had them in the cart and everything, but with shipping included it came out to a bit over $1,100.  I checked out palletforks.com and saw these were on sale for $427 or so with free shipping.  After going back and forth I just couldn't justify spending almost 3x the price when I won't be using them to make a living or anything critical.  

Packaging was decent, they came Fedex freight.  They shipped the same day I ordered them, and took 4 days to get here.  

I dropped the bucket and set the frame on the hooks.  The pins went right in when I tilted it back.

My only complaint is some bad porosity in one of the welds on top of the hook/frame.  But for less than $450 I was expecting some questionable chinese quality.  My day job is as a welding engineer, so it's not a huge deal.  I'll grind it out this weekend and weld it back up properly.  

Otherwise everything looked decent and fit like it should.

I put them to work moving a bunch of logs out of a pile left from the former owners of the property clearing a bunch of trees with a dozer.  I cut up and split what I could and everything else is just too big and going to get burned.  Plus a lot of it is cottonwood, so not really what I want to burn in the fireplace if I have a choice.

[
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SDeadeye:
My pallet forks showed up today.  I originally was set on the Artillian forks and had them in the cart and everything, but with shipping included it came out to a bit over $1,100.  I checked out palletforks.com and saw these were on sale for $427 or so with free shipping.  After going back and forth I just couldn't justify spending almost 3x the price when I won't be using them to make a living or anything critical.  

Packaging was decent, they came Fedex freight.  They shipped the same day I ordered them, and took 4 days to get here.  

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_124120_zpsrqkzwr2o.jpg

I dropped the bucket and set the frame on the hooks.  The pins went right in when I tilted it back.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_125134_zps9ztu6rd2.jpg

My only complaint is some bad porosity in one of the welds on top of the hook/frame.  But for less than $450 I was expecting some questionable chinese quality.  My day job is as a welding engineer, so it's not a huge deal.  I'll grind it out this weekend and weld it back up properly.  

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_124625_zpsvo7vowyl.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_125117_zps2pvf6dvu.jpg

I put them to work moving a bunch of logs out of a pile left from the former owners of the property clearing a bunch of trees with a dozer.  I cut up and split what I could and everything else is just too big and going to get burned.  Plus a lot of it is cottonwood, so not really what I want to burn in the fireplace if I have a choice.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_162427_zpsubzl8fvb.jpg[
View Quote
I have a fork attachment for my front end loader and have used it for all sorts of stuff.

Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_124120_zpsrqkzwr2o.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_125134_zps9ztu6rd2.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_124625_zpsvo7vowyl.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_125117_zps2pvf6dvu.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/mh2742/Mobile%20Uploads/20170504_162427_zpsubzl8fvb.jpg[
View Quote
What is the weight on those?  The Artillian forks are nice but pricey.  Would love to pick up their grapple though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

What is the weight on those?  The Artillian forks are nice but pricey.  Would love to pick up their grapple though.
View Quote
The FedEx paperwork says 278# and that was with the pallet.  I could pick up the frame fairly easily.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
They don't look half bad other than that cheesy weld. I love my forks they get used more and more the older I get.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
Finished up chipping the last of the poles from the wood pile.

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170502_chipper2 .jpg

I put a toggle switch over-ride for the seat presence switch under the seat as the 3038e does not have a provision for off-seat PTO use.

http://www.skhowell.com/images/20170502_chipper1 .jpg

Most of the pile ended up at a county facility via the PJ dump trailer as we never found anyone who wanted to come pick up fire wood. Poles small enough for the chipper got chipped as the wife likes aged chips for mulch around her plantings.

Nick
View Quote
I need one of those. 

Wife wants to do this "back to eden" gardening, which requires a lot of natural mulch. We have plenty of branches to feed the thing, and I like the idea of using the power takeoff vs some small gas engine for power. 

Very nice sir. 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Very nice. A loader for the Ford with bucket and forks is on my list of "needs". 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#41]

The FedEx paperwork says 278# and that was with the pallet.  I could pick up the frame fairly easily.
View Quote
Thats not bad at all.  I ordered a set of Frontier forks when I ordered the 2032R just because of the implement rebate.  Nice but damn are they heavy.  May end up selling them and getting some Artillian forks or what you got.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Doing pre-op checks on my brand new 1025R TLB.  Going to put it through its paces later.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]
We're back in the game boys and girls!

Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Did a bunch of mowing and rearranging chicken coops and rabbit hutches.

Neighbor asked if I could help him with some stumps so got out old faithful who's been getting neglected
[URL=http://s29.photobucket.com/user/sea2summit1/media/IMG_2561_zpsf5hld7fw.jpg.html]

Some were pretty dang heavy for my tractor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Did a bunch of mowing and rearranging chicken coops and rabbit hutches.

Neighbor asked if I could help him with some stumps so got out old faithful who's been getting neglected
[url=http://s29.photobucket.com/user/sea2summit1/media/IMG_2561_zpsf5hld7fw.jpg.html]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/sea2summit1/IMG_2561_zpsf5hld7fw.jpg

Some were pretty dang heavy for my tractor.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/sea2summit1/IMG_2563_zps3gjkz2e8.jpg
View Quote
Grapples are straight badass
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ejeviking:
We're back in the game boys and girls!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/395027/20170506-143109-202889.jpg
View Quote
Nice!  How much did the repair end up costing you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Fed the iron horse today.........managed to cut the entire yard and then the hill before it started to rain.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Fed the iron horse today.........managed to cut the entire yard and then the hill before it started to rain.
http://i.imgur.com/2YrTsWM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EyLehdb.jpg
View Quote
Rust, nearly bald tires, probably rattles all over the place.

Tell you what, I'll come pick her up to save you the trip to the dump
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Rust, nearly bald tires, probably rattles all over the place.

Tell you what, I'll come pick her up to save you the trip to the dump
View Quote
You might think its a piece of shit but she points the nose to the sky and kees crawling when you have a box blade full of dirt behind it. No rattling nor creaking.......just a hunk of blue and red metal
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#50]

You might think its a piece of shit but she points the nose to the sky and kees crawling when you have a box blade full of dirt behind it. No rattling nor creaking.......just a hunk of blue and red metal
View Quote
And a John Deere seat

Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top