Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2024 1:47:28 AM EDT
Our Solar System Is Undergoing A DRASTIC Transformation, Storms On Neptune Have REVERSED

These guys are talking about the poles shifting anywhere from 90 to 180 degrees along with radical magnetic field changes.

I'm finding it hard to wrap my mind around the physics involved, but its a hell of a thought experiment about just getting around to places you dont know routes to.

Compasses are probably toast till things can stabilize so you can account for declination.

GPS is a question mark.  Assuming the system isnt destroyed in the process would they maintain their position in orbit, or would they need reprogrammed to account their new position/orbit?

Even celestial navigation would be thrown off.

Seems like this event would wipe out centuries worth of navigation tech in short order if I understand the forces involved.

How do you navigate?

Anyone know more about this stuff?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
2000 foot tidal waves, 400 mph winds, GPS and navigation will be the least of your worries.

Look up Pole Shift Safe Zones.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yupiks shamans have stories/legends of it happening again.
Also of Alaska being warm like the dinosaur Era.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would GPS be affected? It doesn't rely on any sort of magnetic reading or anything like that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would GPS be affected? It doesn't rely on any sort of magnetic reading or anything like that.
View Quote

And star navigation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2000 foot tidal waves, 400 mph winds, GPS and navigation will be the least of your worries.

View Quote
Thought it was more like 10,000' waves and 1,000 mph wind?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Marked safe and I know every road and trail within 60 miles…
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Poles shift pretty regularly.

Compass still points to the "pole" and actual maps stay the same.   Just reprint them with the corrected/new reference point and declination.

Isn't that big a deal.... well, maybe, but certainly not new.
3 times per million years
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Point of order, magnetic north is always moving.

That was a little hard to wrap my head around as a kid learning land nav
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#10]

The Sun will still be in the sky, therefore navigation will be possible. Just might have to rewrite a few rules.

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to start driving in reverse. Really, that is an interesting thought. How would airplanes already in the air be affected? I admit I haven't watched the video yet, so that may have been answered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure I can make it to the beer store and back using landmarks and dead reckoning, so I'm good.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Here’s a brain bender:

If the earth is a globe and you’re traveling north wouldn’t you eventually be traveling south?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would the satellites shift with the earth flipping?  I don't think so.  They would remain in place while the earth flips under them.  It may not matter anyway.  They think a massive solar flare could be a trigger.  It would knock most satellite down from their orbits.  

When it's over, if GPS satellites remain, they won't be over their original positions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And star navigation.
View Quote

The continents will be in new positions.  For example the North American continent will be in the southern hemisphere.  You will be looking at a different set of constellations/stars.  It's not insurmountable but you'd have to acquaint yourself with stars you probably haven't seen before that is if you survive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh, FFS.

Does the earth's magnetic field/poles shift/flip? Yes.  Proven in the geologic record.  Liquid core.  Shit happens.  North will be south, south will be north. Will happen.  GPS would be unaffected.

Will the earth's axis of rotation flip 90  because of some ice on the poles?  

I think the 6,570,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of mass of the earth might contribute slightly more rotational inertia/stability than some ice at the poles would contribute instability or a major swing.

Let's put it another way, regarding ice at the poles.  All the water on earth is 0.023% of the mass of the planet. Think that's going to have any impact on its rotation?

And then he's talking about the Dzhanibekov effect, the tennis racket effect.  That only applies to irregular-shaped/asymmetrical objects. And the earth, and all its mass, certainly isn't going to rotate 90  on its axis in a day, or a few days.

Proof is some Russian frozen mammoth(s), scripture, and some obscure book?   How about any geological evidence?

Does the earth's axis of rotation change/drift? Yes.
Will it ever shif 90  to put Greenland at the equator and Miami in the arctic circle?  No

I know Timcast is one of the most popular podcasts, but I rarely listen to him.  Is this the kind of guest he regularly has?  
View Quote
What if the magnetic core, a big percent of the Earth's mass, flipped?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh, FFS.

Does the earth's magnetic field/poles shift/flip? Yes.  Proven in the geologic record.  Liquid core.  Shit happens.  North will be south, south will be north. Will happen.  GPS would be unaffected.

Will the earth's axis of rotation flip 90° because of some ice on the poles?  

I think the 6,570,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of mass of the earth might contribute slightly more rotational inertia/stability than some ice at the poles would contribute instability or a major swing.

Let's put it another way, regarding ice at the poles.  All the water on earth is 0.023% of the mass of the planet. Think that's going to have any impact on its rotation?

And then he's talking about the Dzhanibekov effect, the tennis racket effect.  That only applies to irregular-shaped/asymmetrical objects. And the earth, and all its mass, certainly isn't going to rotate 90° on its axis in a day, or a few days.

Proof is some Russian frozen mammoth(s), scripture, and some obscure book?   How about any geological evidence?

Does the earth's axis of rotation change/drift? Yes.
Will it ever shif 90° to put Greenland at the equator and Miami in the arctic circle?  No

I know Timcast is one of the most popular podcasts, but I rarely listen to him.  Is this the kind of guest he regularly has?  
View Quote

The geologic evidence I've heard besides mammoths and ancient texts is the boreholes Randall Carson talks about in Greenland showing much warmers climate in that area.  Supposedly the book they reference is written by the son of the Army major in charge of the expedition to set up the national defense in the north during the cold war.  They classified his official reports but he snuck his personal notes out and passed them to his son that wrote the book after his death.  If its to be believed the excavations cycled between artic fossil records and tropical fossil records at fairly uniform depths as you cut down.

I always chalked this up to the usual climate change oooga booga BS the left pulls.  I'm not so sure after hearing Carson discuss the Younger Dryad disaster theory with evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx, the rapid thawing of glaciers in Canada and the Northern US leaving vast erosion cuts in the ground.  So I would say some geological evidence is around, but some people claim it for other theories.  My mind still struggles with the forces needed to make the planet "wobble" 90 degrees much less 180.

I would assume if the Earth actually changed rotation/positions etc like they discussed the GPS satellites would not be in the same positions throwing off the accuracy of their readings to devices.

The celestial issues would be if I understand it as the Earth shifted things like the North Star would no longer point to what we consider north in our lifetimes.  If we could see it at all from our new positions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Will probably happen in like 20,000 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#19]
The USAF mission to study the magnetic fields at the North Pole provides evidence that supports pole shift.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#20]
There are things I worry about.  This is not one of them.  

It's also possible the sun might burn out.  If it does, we will all die.  Just the way it is.  I don't worry about it because I can't control it.  Where you gonna go?  WWII was a terrible time....but there were still parts of the world one could go to escape it.    I can't escape this so I refuse to spend any time worrying about it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here’s a brain bender:

If the earth is a globe and you’re traveling north wouldn’t you eventually be traveling south?
View Quote

Of course. Just like if you are walking the perimeter of a circular room, you eventually face all cardinal directions.

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#22]
You navigate backwards.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#23]
"Soon", but in geologic time scales. Meaning sometime in the next 100,000 years it will almost certainly happen. Odds of anyone alive today living to see it is very small.
Would be interesting to see, is the shift somewhat gradual with the poles slowly wandering until they reverse in a couple of hundred years, or will it be like flipping a switch? Either a sudden switch that only takes a couple of hours? or days? or the magnetic field simply fading out to nothing then rebuilding with the poles reversed? It's only the last option that would be dangerous as it would allow the solar wind to start blowing off atmosphere and let the radiation through to the surface of the earth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#26]
It's happened before, and it'll happen again. Some people survived then, and some will the next time.
I doubt it'll be many that will survive, but some will.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Supposedly happened at least twice. They’ve found frozen mammoths up near the North Pole with buttercups in their mouths.  So it happens quickly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There are things I worry about.  This is not one of them.  

It's also possible the sun might burn out.  If it does, we will all die.  Just the way it is.  I don't worry about it because I can't control it.  Where you gonna go?  WWII was a terrible time....but there were still parts of the world one could go to escape it.    I can't escape this so I refuse to spend any time worrying about it.
View Quote

I agree this isnt something you specifically prep for, but more of a thought process as I try to understand the mechanics and challenges at play.  

The specific thought exercise that came to mind was navigation after an event that as I currently understand it that wipes out every traditionally form of navigation I am aware of.  Even the arc of the sun could travel across what landmasses in a direction we know historically as north to south or south to north.  Things like how would humanity start to build new methods of navigation from scratch interest me more than all of the BS on TV being pumped out to us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"Soon", but in geologic time scales. Meaning sometime in the next 100,000 years it will almost certainly happen. Odds of anyone alive today living to see it is very small.
Would be interesting to see, is the shift somewhat gradual with the poles slowly wandering until they reverse in a couple of hundred years, or will it be like flipping a switch? Either a sudden switch that only takes a couple of hours? or days? or the magnetic field simply fading out to nothing then rebuilding with the poles reversed? It's only the last option that would be dangerous as it would allow the solar wind to start blowing off atmosphere and let the radiation through to the surface of the earth.
View Quote

Some scientists are claiming we are past due.  Not sure how much I trust that though.  People always sell the world ending.

We have seen the movement of the poles moving faster and faster since the early 90's.  I take that at least as a bread crumb that this is building up but could easily be a millennia from now.

According to the scientists I've listened to they seem to say the speed will ramp up but hit a critical mass where the "event" as humans can observe will happen over a day or so.  They also seem to agree radiation levels would increase significantly.  I assume the field would restore as the poles stabilized, but I have nothing to back that up with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
We've been in the midst of a shift for a long time now IMO, go take a look at a historic map of magnetic north, in the 1850's it was in Canada. Now it's probably as close to true north as it's ever been or gonna get, at least in our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The part I highlighted in bold... If that's the case, wouldn't the rest of the planet show similar arctic/tropical oscillation?  Why is the only place on the planet that allegedly shows this oscillation in a remote/almost unreachable area?  Wouldn't we see this oscillation in the geologic record everywhere?  Shouldn't we be able to dig a core in Florida and see the opposite oscillation?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The geologic evidence I've heard besides mammoths and ancient texts is the boreholes Randall Carson talks about in Greenland showing much warmers climate in that area.  Supposedly the book they reference is written by the son of the Army major in charge of the expedition to set up the national defense in the north during the cold war.  They classified his official reports but he snuck his personal notes out and passed them to his son that wrote the book after his death.  If its to be believed the excavations cycled between artic fossil records and tropical fossil records at fairly uniform depths as you cut down.

I always chalked this up to the usual climate change oooga booga BS the left pulls.  I'm not so sure after hearing Carson discuss the Younger Dryad disaster theory with evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx, the rapid thawing of glaciers in Canada and the Northern US leaving vast erosion cuts in the ground.  So I would say some geological evidence is around, but some people claim it for other theories.  My mind still struggles with the forces needed to make the planet "wobble" 90 degrees much less 180.

I would assume if the Earth actually changed rotation/positions etc like they discussed the GPS satellites would not be in the same positions throwing off the accuracy of their readings to devices.

The celestial issues would be if I understand it as the Earth shifted things like the North Star would no longer point to what we consider north in our lifetimes.  If we could see it at all from our new positions.

The part I highlighted in bold... If that's the case, wouldn't the rest of the planet show similar arctic/tropical oscillation?  Why is the only place on the planet that allegedly shows this oscillation in a remote/almost unreachable area?  Wouldn't we see this oscillation in the geologic record everywhere?  Shouldn't we be able to dig a core in Florida and see the opposite oscillation?

There could be evidence but science backed by climate change bucks equates it more to just changes in the ice caps due to warming/cooling.  I suspect science is more concerned about climate money flowing in than the major causes of climate change.  Their focus is on manmade, but mostly ignores Mother Nature that absolutely dwarfs what men have done because IMO theres no profit or control for people in that.

I did a quick search and found an artic fox fossil located in Tibet which is well outside its typical range as we understand it today.  Evidence could and likely does exist, its just explained away or not publicized as much as it should because it goes against the narrative big science has formed.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/arctic-fox-origins-traced-to-tibet/

There's also stuff like the signs of water erosion around the base of the Sphinx I see discussed often along with water being prevalent in the Sahara Desert.

I'm just a dude looking at this because I find it more interesting than media today.  I cant really say one is right for sure.  I just see things popping up the narrative taught to me as a kid doesnt really explain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#32]
pole shifting evidence is found in geology.  If you look at the sea floor for example there are elements that are magnetized that are pushed up through underwater volcanoes.  Those act like little compass needles.  They orientate north/south.  We already know that they flip back and forth as you go through the layers.  So, it's clear the earth can and will flip poles.  The predictions about what happens when it does is pretty horrible.  Most of us will be dead in a hurry, so getting lost heading to Whole Foods won't be the issue.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Again,  last times was like the 70/80s right??
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Again,  last times was like the 70/80s right??
View Quote

About 780,000 years ago, so you at least have the correct numerals if not the correct number. The history in the rocks say it happens roughly every 300,000 years, so we are far overdue for a shift but no one knows what the process involves or how to recognize it before it happens.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Great, now the left handed will be right handed, and vice versa.

Or, for 99% of the humans on the planet, it won't make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Year 2000 all over again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Geologically speaking “soon” is like 1-a million years. So…
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Historical Magnetic Declination

Take a look at the tracks of the two poles.  The North Pole is in the arctic headed towards Russia.  The speed of its movement has increased each year.  The South Pole is in the Indian Ocean.  They believe the poles will meet in the Bay of Bengal, where the new North Pole will be.  This will happen much sooner than the thousands of years predicted here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Not sure if me being on a boat will be a good thing or a bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not sure if me being on a boat will be a good thing or a bad thing.
View Quote

What can survive a 1000' waves?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Wonder if the seed bank in Svalbard might have a bit to do with this?

https://www.croptrust.org/work/svalbard-global-seed-vault/
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe, except it will be near the equator if the predictions are correct.  I don't know how that will affect the seed bank.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Soon ehhh?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Soon ehhh?
View Quote
It could be sooner than 2030 but they're saying after that, 2030-2040.

There's a couple of books you can read on the subject.  One is World in Peril by Ken White. The other is The Adam And Eve Story by Chan Thomas.  Albert Einstein was a proponent of the theory too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe, except it will be near the equator if the predictions are correct.  I don't know how that will affect the seed bank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Passing thought is exactly one of the reasons it would be positioned there.  They could roll the seeds out and have some of the longest growing season post shift.  Until then the cold keeps the seeds dormant and cheap to store.  ETA:  the construction of concrete, and depth below grade should reduce the impact of radiation too.  IIRC the videos I've seen on the inside it has some serious doors inside the vault, almost blast door like.  The more I look at it the more I see a plan in the design.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Right now Magnetic North is the closest its been to True North in my lifetime. In terms of geological time we are way overdue for a pole flip. My own personal conspiracy theory is that studying and possibly averting a pole flip was what HAARP was all about.

I do know this much for an absolute fact: Next Gen inertial nav is a national strategic priority and when I left .gov R&D, companies were pitching real time celestial nav done by AI using optical sensors. I saw some simulated demos and it was impressive especially considering it was all done by small businesses and commercial entities. Industry was way ahead of .gov on solving the problems with GPS and other GEO based nav systems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#47]
If they shift, they’ll shift 180 degrees. It’s virtually impossible for a magnetic field created by a planetary iron  core to not be aligned with the axis of rotation.

And when that happens, those of us who know and use things like compasses will figure it out in about 0.87 seconds (north 37 east is the same as south 37 west). The rest?  Panic in the streets. Mass hysteria. Dogs and cats living together.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I follow Ben Davidson and this topic for quite some time. We are due for the magnetic flip. At some point I believe we may get the tilt. I look at costal flood plain maps, geological maps, read, and I am finding more and more evidence to support this is real and going down. From the reduced field strength affecting peoples behaviors, to why the urgent need for political takeover, to low latitute aurura. This is the only thing that explains a gambit of thing . I think we get hit hard by a CME that is lights out in next few years.  Doesnt even have to be a strong one when our fields are at a reduced strength. They dont call it the great reset for nothing. I hope i am wrong. I am sure to many it makes one sound like a mad man. It isnt something I discuss with people. You cant.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Yellowstone is due to go off, too.  Why worry about shit you can't control?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Soon ehhh?
View Quote

I better get the mail...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top