Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 9:27:25 AM EDT
Well, I have been received multiple e'mail adverts about the new Boroux filter that is documented to be the cat's meow for Berkey filter owners.  I was going to pick up a couple to file away but found this in the description;

Filters are comprised of a specialized blend of activated carbon. The BOROUX foundation filters contain silver, an antimicrobial agent, to prevent microorganisms from degrading the product itself. This filter is not intended to filter microorganisms.
View Quote

If it isn't inttended to filter microorganisms, why would I want it........

Just thought I'd share.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect they add that qualifier to avoid being sued out of existence when people get sick from using their product.

Berkey's claims about contaminant removal is pretty outrageous, by the way.  Despite the throngs that worship at the Berkey altar.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can get the same effect by dumping a silver dime in the upper reservoir and the lower one.  Boil them first before you do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top