Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2024 11:29:21 PM EDT
1000w Inverter  $170

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/sportsman-1000w-inverter-portable-gasoline-generator-gen1000i-1694825

I was wondering if anyone can offer any information on potentially paralleling this 1000w inverter?
I tried comparing the prints of this one and the bigger one that has the parallel hook up feature. I even looked through the faq page at Tractor Supply and the only answer was that this one does not support parallel hook up. Is that because of the internal components or just that they didn't offer it in this model. I can certainly take off the cover and make my own connections but I don't want to fry something if it should not be done.
Has anyone tried this?
The cost of 2 of these is better than the 1800w version.

Dual-fuel 1800w Inverter  $399

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/sportsman-2-200-watts-dual-fuel-inverter-generator-gen2200dfi-1422797
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The electronics on the inside is what makes them parallelable.  It is more than just hooking up two 120v connections.

Buy the larger one if you need the extra power.  The dual fuel is what is making the price a little bit higher.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I almost got one of those for use with my camper but after some thought and reading the reviews I decided to pass.

I already have a cheap 2k inverter (Pulsar) and figured there is not much point in having two low powered cheap ones.  If I didn't already have a cheap inverter, I would probably consider it just for keeping the battery quietly charged on my camper when we don't have shore power.  Outside of that its power rating keeps it pretty limited, maybe a single fridge or freezer at a time or good for charging a few things.

While I am not even sure if it would parallel you need two that are compatible with each other to parallel.  At that point you might as well just get a cheap ~2k version.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 1000w inverter model. I got it when Wal Mart had them on sale for $150. The older ones have parallel connections. The newer ones eliminated that feature.

It's an okay inverter. I don't think it actually gets up to 800w before bogging down. I tried to run a garage fridge with it and it immediately overloaded. I suspect it actually runs best at about 600w. I could see using it for small electrical devices like routers and modems, with a few LED lights and some fans. I have larger inverters for the real work. It will run for probably about 5-6 hours on a half-gallon of gas. It just won't run very much.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:28:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: protus] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thederrick106:
I almost got one of those for use with my camper but after some thought and reading the reviews I decided to pass.

I already have a cheap 2k inverter (Pulsar) and figured there is not much point in having two low powered cheap ones.  If I didn't already have a cheap inverter, I would probably consider it just for keeping the battery quietly charged on my camper when we don't have shore power.  Outside of that its power rating keeps it pretty limited, maybe a single fridge or freezer at a time or good for charging a few things.

While I am not even sure if it would parallel you need two that are compatible with each other to parallel.  At that point you might as well just get a cheap ~2k version.
View Quote

Got mine 140$ on that deal few years ago.
My 2 cents after using it for a bit.

It's quite
It's light weight
It's easy to start
Sips gas
Wife can operate it
It can  power my fridge,deep freeze, portable AC( not at once..iirc fridge and deep freeze yes but it's working hard).
It'll power a 70 inch led tv,xbox,fan,surge strip charging 2 females worth of phones and gadgets in a hurricane to keep a teenager hapax.
AC needs to be 5k but or less. That's its max.

Cons
Will not run an 8k window ac.

Chinese peice of shit fuel lines...will dissolve fast. I've changed mine out twice
Once mid hurricane
Run non ethanol.
To do so means damnnear taking it all apart because of the plastic covers.
But...nothing a 10 in 1 screwdriver and small socket set can't cure.
Did I mention the shitty fuel lines..oh and needle nose and wire to epull the lines to the tank ...in a hurricane sucks.
Yeah.
Fuel lines.fuck them.

Sides that 4 years later and using it to power electric tools and hurricanes..it was worth it.

Never looked into parallel running it.
That'd mean twice the amount of shitty Chinese fuel lines to work on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top