BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
New to me RV Trailer! (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Spare tires.  Two is one and one is none type of deal.

Water heater. If you have a gas model, think of installing an on-demand electric some time in the future.  Keeps the propane bill down and opens up a lot of storage space. There are 110 volt models you can run off a generator. Same applies to the heater.  I have the same size camper you do and even with temps in the low 20's a 1500 watt bathroom heater is plenty.

Install a propane fuel line and disconnect for a camping stove. There are days when you really DON'T want to cook in the camper, it's better to do it on a table outside.

I'm also a fan of the WD hitch, even though i have a F250 for a tow vehicle.  It just makes it so much more pleasant to go down the road with.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've taken the trailer out on a few trips now, and I am liking it so far. There are some things I don't like such as a seprate bedroom and it is a tight space without a slide. The shower and bathroom is a bit cramped but not so much that I can't use the shower or toilet. The wife and I have spent a week in it down in Corpus Christi and we didn't want to kill each other. Our next trailer will have a private bedroom and bigger bathroom, while still being able to tow with the Raptor.  

I tow it with my Gen 1 Ford Raptor with the 6.2L and 6R80  transmission. I upgraded to the Superduty transmission cooler. I saw max temp on my transmission at 203 degrees. I don't have a weight distributing hitch at this time though. I don't really feel any problems towing is and I believe the wider stance of the Raptor helps alot with stability. The Raptor came with the towing package with the trailer brake controller.

We do want to go RV full time with the Alliance Paradigm 395DS and are working on making that happen too. We had to put that on hold for now, at least until my retirement in April 2026.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
Never thought about a dehumidifier, gonna order one now. The storage lot has electrical access for stuff like that.

Good point on never storing things in the fridge while not in use bit that's just common sense.
View Quote

Even though you have been camping out of a utility trailer, a camper is going to be a bit different.

Get a couple cordless dehumidifiers, I put one in the fridge when I am not camping or storing my camper for winter and in closets and cubbies.  

Like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H0XFCS?tag=arfcom00-20

I hear so many say they don't use the toilet, but that is why I got a camper.  Just treat it right, add tablets, flush enough water for everything to work and break down, and use RV / boat TP   Almost all campers these days have a black tank flush, use it at the dump station!  

The tablets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016V2B1Z8?tag=arfcom00-20

I try not to cook smelly stuff inside, like fish, bacon, etc.  The smell gets trapped and you get a funky smell after a while.  

If not mentioned you will want some way to level (side to side) so the fridge runs well.  

Enjoy,  I have a Forest River (Rockwood) and I've had good luck with it over the past 5 years.  Way less issues than the previous brands I've owned.

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
15 F150 3.5 EB with tow package. This trailer is 2650 without vehicles, close to 4000 loaded. 5K axle and frame, it's a tank.
I made zero mods to truck, no WD hitch. I did put stiffer rear shocks on at 50K.
I pull this 7K to 9K miles a year.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BIG-DUKE-6:
Throw a large bag of ice in the black tank for the ride home . Gives the tank a good scrubbing.
View Quote

Where do you dump that after you get home?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
Well, I've made up my mind, I'm never shitting in the trailer.
View Quote

I’m planning to purchase something and I think that lining the toilet with the a bag like when you use a bucket instead of putting solid waste in the black tank might be a good practice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HighLighter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BIG-DUKE-6:
Throw a large bag of ice in the black tank for the ride home . Gives the tank a good scrubbing.

Many truck stops have a dump station. Some RV dealers have them for public use.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:33:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bulldog8] [#8]

View Quote

I bring one of these along when we do longer trips. Works great for a black tank wash when we get home.  I empty the toter into the sewer clean out when we get home.

Camco Toter
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
New to me RV Trailer! (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top