Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2024 7:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotMrWizard]
I did the A/C mod shown in this video (not my video or in any way affiliated with it).

We kept having issues with the A/C in our travel trailer (2021 Keystone Premier) shutting off. The sealing divider between the air inlet and outflow was horrible. I could put my whole hand in a gap, so I think it just kept pulling in cold air and short-cycling. There were also several places where seams in the ducting weren’t taped, and I’m sure we were losing cold air above the roof panel.

Don’t have any anemometer measurements, but the air coming out the vents is noticeably more just by putting my hand up to them. But it just amazes me the shoddy workmanship from the factory on it. How much more costly is 5 minutes and another 3’ off tape to seal the ducts?

We’ll find out in a few months if it worked!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a similar mod in our Winnebago 2500FL. The system worked fine, I didn't have a short cycling issue, but was trying to reduce noise. I added the RV Airflow Styrofoam kit that essentially does the same thing as what you built. Adding the RV silencer as a replacement for the stock filter and inlet really reduced noise when the AC was running.

Everyone with an RV should remove the AC inlet and at least check for gaps as most probably have some.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I dig it!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I did this mod, and was pleased with the results.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:01:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Donut777donut] [#4]
I used Koolrv and it was an easy plug n play install. Made a big difference in efficiency and noise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top