Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2023 1:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMANSAR15]
8-22 Update: I ended up just removing and tossing the leaking RV faucet and replacing with a similar style, residential grade Delta from Lowes.  Much nicer, hopefully longer-lived.  Access was difficult, but job was fairly easy.  Just took a couple 3/8" to 1/2" copper adapters and an hour or so of time.  

Hi all, we picked up a 2019 Jayco Jayflight 26BH back in the fall to try out seasonal camping this summer.  It is our first camper, I've never used one in the past.  So far, it works great and we like it.  The first issue just cropped up though, the kitchen faucet is leaking from the handle.  I've replaced sinks in my house but not sure how to approach this RV type one.  Typically, a screw can be found under the red or blue plug, allowing for easy removal for o-ring, cartridge, etc. replacement.  I can't find a screw on this faucet and I am afraid to really twist on it and break it, seems kinda flimsy.  Jayco manuals and the internet have gotten me nowhere.  Has anyone here seen a faucet like this and had to fix it?  Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than needing a crimper and some clamps for the pex tubing, replacing it would likely be easier than trying to find parts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Other than needing a crimper and some clamps for the pex tubing, replacing it would likely be easier than trying to find parts.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm leaning towards that myself.  Am I more or less correct that RV spec stuff is designed more to be replaced when failing rather than repaired?  

A follow up question would be, is it feasible to replace RV spec items like faucets with "real house" versions with the hope that they'd last longer and be more durable?  If I have to tear this thing out because it's kaput in 3-4 years of light usage, I would prefer to not replace with the same level of flimsiness.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have replaced a couple of RV faucets with household faucets, but it has been a long time and I don't remember if there were any problems with connections. It seems like with one I had to get a reducer to go to a smaller water line, but that could be wrong. They may also have changed since then. The short answer though is yes, you can replace them with a normal kitchen faucet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top