Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2022 8:57:19 AM EDT
Just picked up some braided line and fluorocarbon leader line (all 50lb.).  What are your knot choices for the following?  Not necessarily looking for the best, but rather the simplest decent knots.

1. Fluorocarbon to hook eye.
2. The Fluorocarbon loop end for the snap.
3. Braided line to swivel.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I never used a leader.
Polymer knot straight to the hook
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FOX_OSCAR_hook] [#2]
For 1: the palomar all day long
Double uni for braid to floro. I don't use a swivel from braid to floro
Uni for braid to hook
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Braided line directly to the hook.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#4]
For braid to swivels - palomar
Leader to swivel - uni or improved clinch
For braid to leader - FG or Albright. Typically Albright for 15lb and under. FG is easier with heavier test.
Leader to hook - depends. Sometimes i snell, sometimes palomar, sometime improved clinch, sometime dropper loop (because its on a dropper loop)

Double uni  or similar knot braid to leader/mono/flouro....youre doing yourself a disservice by causing a failure point at the knot. The braid will cut itself at the know under its advertised rating easily if theres a strain.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a palomar for 90% of my knots.  As far as terminal or baits to line.  I will use a loop knot on some topwaters or jerkbaits.  

Braid to fluoro gets a fg.  For bass, i typically run 20lb braid (hi vis yellow/green) to a 8 or 10lb fluoro leader.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tagged for interest.  I just started back up fishing and am learning knots.  So far it’s been improved clinch for fluorocarbon to hook and FG for fluorocarbon to braid.  I’ve also tried the clinch for fluorocarbon to hook, but it kept coming out.  The double uni is much easier to tie than the FG, but supposed it’s not nearly as strong as the FG.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been leadering a bunch of hooks lately and some sinkers as well.  Using the Polamar knot.  

It's been a slow work week
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
most of the time, palomar, but i snell them sometimes too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a good FG knot demo that shows how to get the knot spacing right, so the braid digs into the mono?  My FGs always end up all bunched up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 12:23:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
Anyone have a good FG knot demo that shows how to get the knot spacing right, so the braid digs into the mono?  My FGs always end up all bunched up.
View Quote

Salt stong has a good video.

EASIEST Way to Tie the FG Knot (Strongest Braid to Leader Fishing Knot)

Its a bit more difficult on lighter line....say under 20lb. Doable...
But for light line I just do an Albright.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cbburke] [#11]
I am particular fond of the Shin Fukae's knot

Shin Fukae Pro's Pointer - Tying Connection Knot w/ YGK SS112 Braided Line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top