Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 1:35:15 PM EDT
TQSL is clunky and I have shit internet at home.  So, I would like to find a template of some kind that I could just enter the information as the qso is happening, then upload it later when I have functioning internet at work.  
I keep a paper log, but unfortunately my handwriting is like a drunk toddler found their parents markers.

I can't believe in 2024 that nobody has created a simple offline logger.  At least I haven't found it yet,  I would prefer one for mac, but that is like finding bigfoot riding a unicorn being chased by the loch ness monster.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
TQSL is not a logger which is why it's clunky.

Pretty much every logger I can think of is "offline" capable: DXKeeper, N1MM, N3FJP, the list goes on. No need to upload immediately, no need to do QRZ lookup's or the like.

As a DXKeeper user I can assure you that all new activity can be uploaded to LoTW/QRZ/whatever at a time of your choosing convenient to you. It's very likely the same is true of most of the other logging software.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aa777888-2:
TQSL is not a logger which is why it's clunky.

Pretty much every logger I can think of is "offline" capable: DXKeeper, N1MM, N3FJP, the list goes on. No need to upload immediately, no need to do QRZ lookup's or the like.

As a DXKeeper user I can assure you that all new activity can be uploaded to LoTW/QRZ/whatever at a time of your choosing convenient to you. It's very likely the same is true of most of the other logging software.
View Quote

Same is certainly true of Ham Radio Deluxe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Could always just buy the entire suite of N3FJP software, it's pretty reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
N3FJP is great software.  I bought the entire package years ago and it’s been wonderful to use.  It can automatically log and submit to LOTW, much like other log software.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the recommendations.

I'm kinda leaning toward RUMlogNG as it is for the Mac, and has dxcluster capabilities, and its FREE lol

HAM is like black rifle disease, only worse.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redneck_in_Texas:
Thanks for all the recommendations.

I'm kinda leaning toward RUMlogNG as it is for the Mac, and has dxcluster capabilities, and its FREE lol

HAM is like black rifle disease, only worse.
View Quote

The capabilities of most of the popular logging applications will likely be very similar.  Something Application "A" has, Application "B" probably will as well.  They might be accessed in a different manner but the important stuff should be there.  What is most important is to find one that a) You like and feel comfortable with, and b) Is able to export the log in a "Universal" manner such as ADIF or CSV format and doesn't lock you into its format.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#7]
ADIF Master; will let you edit your file in an excel spreadsheet and then return it to ADIF

Mostly useful for editing ADIF files free style by column
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a notebook in the field and enter into a  spreadsheet.

Just write a formula in the first empty column like this  ="<"&a1&" "&b1&" <eor>" adjust with more columns until its correct adif.

I would copy mine exactly but arf editor wont let me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top