Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2023 3:38:26 PM EDT
From what I’m reading I should be allowed to use a .308 semi-auto rifle.

I only bow hunt. But have had a few nice bucks pass me by at ranges a little too far to take an archery shot-50-60yds.

I just have to convert rifle to a single shot.  Does that mean I can just carry one bullet with me and load it into my RRA AR10 .308, and once I’m in my stand chamber?

Do I have to actually pull a follower and spring out of a mag?  

Handgun:  can I use a Spring field operator 5” barrel .45acp?

Thanks in advance (I called my local dnr office and they were no help.)
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
.308 is to long, .45 is to short
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chukar:
.308 is to long, .45 is to short
View Quote

Dang it !

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a list floating around, but in general it has to be a straight wall rifle cartridge. I know 45/70, 450 bushmaster, and 350 legend are GTg.

I just took two with a 350 legend.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kampster:
There's a list floating around, but in general it has to be a straight wall rifle cartridge. I know 45/70, 450 bushmaster, and 350 legend are GTg.

I just took two with a 350 legend.
View Quote

https://dnr.illinois.gov/content/dam/soi/en/web/dnr/hunting/documents/ilsingleshotrifle.pdf

I just started hunting in 2020. I bought the property in at now. Bought a bow a few weeks later. Just got my first buck Oct 1 then a doe on Monday of this week.

I might sneak out with my bow during gun.

Looks like I need a new gun! Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top