Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2024 8:01:29 AM EDT
I like the Garmin GPSMAP 67i but I don't hike I would like to use it for traveling by car. Can these be installed with a road overlay for car travel? I mostly need it for city streets maps and locating my location trip destination to address would be grate to. Is the software available to do this on the 67i I realize a dedicated car GPS would be better but I like to buy equipment I can multi task with.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know about that one, but OnX on CarPlay is nice.  Probably something similar for pavement work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks will look into that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, i was able to find the map extention file of an old Nuvi 200, copied it to SD. If i wanted to use my old handheld 60csx for double duty while traveling, i could swap cards. (Both units, car and handheld, could only recognize a single map file at a time). The handheld could road navigate well running the Nuvi's map file card. It could not speak like the Nuvi car unit, but it did alert you to turns, etc with beeps.

I think new Garmin handhelds can recognize more than one map file. You just have to alter certain spelling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top