Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2023 6:36:06 PM EDT
I just picked up trapping permission that had major beaver problems. I will have to walk because it’s flooded most of the property. I normally use 1/2” rebar or bags of sand.

I’d like to use lighter weight fiberglass rods instead. Does anyone know of a source for 10’ 1/2” fiberglass rods.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Tree stakes are 1/2" fiberglass and 10' for orchards or re-foresting.
I think they are sold by the hundreds though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingsnthings] [#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tree stake ideas. That is probably the way I’ll go. Shipping costs almost as much as the stakes but I can live with that. I also found fiberglass rebar at Lowe’s but it’s bright pink. I might try a stick to see if it’s too bright.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lovetohunt:
Thanks for the tree stake ideas. That is probably the way I’ll go. Shipping costs almost as much as the stakes but I can live with that. I also found fiberglass rebar at Lowe’s but it’s bright pink. I might try a stick to see if it’s too bright.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
J3 outdoors has 1/2” by 8’ fiberglass rods and ends etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Try a concrete construction supplier, alot of DOTs approved fiber glass rebar in construction.
I believe Ohio is one of them.
Probably alot cheaper, with more sizes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  I’ll try that too. Unfortunately most of the beaver dams blew out with the rain last week so all of my traps were high and dry. I’m going to wait a week before I reset all of them. Right now I have several 330’s and 220’s out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top