Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2023 10:42:27 PM EDT
Anyone here running one of these?  We kind of fell in love with one we saw on Monday, until I saw the shit show it takes to access the top of the gennie.  I like that it's between the frame rails, but climbing into a belly bay to reach through a hatch in the back to access the dip stick?  What kind of goofball engineer designed this monkey shines?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:
Anyone here running one of these?  We kind of fell in love with one we saw on Monday, until I saw the shit show it takes to access the top of the gennie.  I like that it's between the frame rails, but climbing into a belly bay to reach through a hatch in the back to access the dip stick?  What kind of goofball engineer designed this monkey shines?
View Quote

Did you drive it? Do you need the clearance that the lift kit gives you? If you don’t, the Thor Magnitude and Omni provide a better ride and are one of their better products. I sell them both, let me know what questions you have.

All RVs have some compromises due to packaging constraints, at the end of the day what are you willing to tolerate?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GTOMike87:
Did you drive it? Do you need the clearance that the lift kit gives you? If you don’t, the Thor Magnitude and Omni provide a better ride and are one of their better products. I sell them both, let me know what questions you have.

All RVs have some compromises due to packaging constraints, at the end of the day what are you willing to tolerate?
View Quote

We have not driven it.  But yes, the clearance would be nice.  Probably 65-70% of our camping is boondocking...  and not at Walmart.  We've taken the bus into lots of places that it had no business.  And the front bumper on that XT really appeals to me. We had a month long trip almost ruined when I caught a deer just outside of Amarillo.  

We have looked at the Thor Magnitude and Omni.  But the front end clearance on those is kind of poor compared to everything else we've fondled.  And I find that front bumper/facia just fugly.  We do like the interior, but it seems like those floorplans are copycatted all across the industry.  

The inside of the XT looks a lot like the inside of a Dynamax Europa.  Damn near the same floorplan as their 31SS.  And that rig is in the running.  But the XT being 30k+ cheaper caught our attention.

I'm not expecting a luxury ride.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]

We have not driven it.  But yes, the clearance would be nice.  Probably 65-70% of our camping is boondocking...  and not at Walmart.  We've taken the bus into lots of places that it had no business.  And the front bumper on that XT really appeals to me. We had a month long trip almost ruined when I caught a deer just outside of Amarillo.  

We have looked at the Thor Magnitude and Omni.  But the front end clearance on those is kind of poor compared to everything else we've fondled.  And I find that front bumper/facia just fugly.  We do like the interior, but it seems like those floorplans are copycatted all across the industry.  

The inside of the XT looks a lot like the inside of a Dynamax Europa.  Damn near the same floorplan as their 31SS.  And that rig is in the running.  But the XT being 30k+ cheaper caught our attention.

I'm not expecting a luxury ride.
View Quote

You’re right about the clearance on the Thor rigs, it’s worth noting that their front bumper comes right off and the factory bumper is behind it. As for floor plans, that doesn’t surprise me to hear that. It’s very much the nature of this industry for floor plans to be very very similar across brands.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You’re right about the clearance on the Thor rigs, it’s worth noting that their front bumper comes right off and the factory bumper is behind it. As for floor plans, that doesn’t surprise me to hear that. It’s very much the nature of this industry for floor plans to be very very similar across brands.
View Quote

That's good to know.  But it turns out the payload on these "pick-up" chassis Super C's SUCKS ASS.  Based on dry weight and GVWR numbers provided by the manufacturers, payload is under 2000 lbs for a lot of vehicles in the light truck range.  The Accolade XT had a miserable 1008 lb cargo capacity (which full water and the tongue weight of my trailer would eat up) and a bunch of the Thor rigs are just under 2k lbs of payload capacity.  By the time you add people, water, propane and groceries, you are hitting the limits.

Overloading an RV is STUPID, but it seems manufacturers don't care to educate you on that.  It's disappointing.

I'm going back to looking at rigs on a Freightliner chassis.  I'm seeing payloads of 6k lbs to as high as 12k lbs on those rigs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]

That's good to know.  But it turns out the payload on these "pick-up" chassis Super C's SUCKS ASS.  Based on dry weight and GVWR numbers provided by the manufacturers, payload is under 2000 lbs for a lot of vehicles in the light truck range.  The Accolade XT had a miserable 1008 lb cargo capacity (which full water and the tongue weight of my trailer would eat up) and a bunch of the Thor rigs are just under 2k lbs of payload capacity.  By the time you add people, water, propane and groceries, you are hitting the limits.

Overloading an RV is STUPID, but it seems manufacturers don't care to educate you on that.  It's disappointing.

I'm going back to looking at rigs on a Freightliner chassis.  I'm seeing payloads of 6k lbs to as high as 12k lbs on those rigs.
View Quote

You may have said it and I missed it, but what floorplan of XT? I won’t be back at the office to check ours until Wednesday.

I’m 100% in agreement about overloading being dumb but some customers like to remain blissfully or willfully ignorant and there are plenty of manufacturer reps who will dance around those issues. I’ve absolutely lost sales over the years because I’m not going to tell someone their rig can haul or tow anything they want. If you decide to stick with Entegra the Accolade is a solid choice by any measure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
You may have said it and I missed it, but what floorplan of XT? I won’t be back at the office to check ours until Wednesday.

I’m 100% in agreement about overloading being dumb but some customers like to remain blissfully or willfully ignorant and there are plenty of manufacturer reps who will dance around those issues. I’ve absolutely lost sales over the years because I’m not going to tell someone their rig can haul or tow anything they want. If you decide to stick with Entegra the Accolade is a solid choice by any measure.
View Quote

I had to go back and look as I wasn't 100% positive about the model.  It was a 32U and it was posted over at DeMontrond RV.   And I was a bit off.  I said 1008.  It's actually 1003.  Here's the image they had posted for this particular rig.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top