Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2022 10:46:23 PM EDT
88* hot, dry.. lot of doves
Geese flying after sunset and no teal.
South East Wisconsin
How is your weekend?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Couple of Sandhills decided to show up for confidence decoys.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

NE Ga
About 25 hunters
110 doves cleaned some guys left and did not clean them with the group.
Only hunted half of the day. The guy that owns the field does it as a mens Christian outreach. Preaching from 10-12 meal then hit the field.

I shot about 10-13. Only took me about 75rds to do that. lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B06E1CAA-4999-4F29-AF0E-7A09BC9971DF_jpe-2513863.JPG

NE Ga
About 25 hunters
110 doves cleaned some guys left and did not clean them with the group.
Only hunted half of the day. The guy that owns the field does it as a mens Christian outreach. Preaching from 10-12 meal then hit the field.

I shot about 10-13. Only took me about 75rds to do that. lol
View Quote

Cool 😎
Sounds like a great time.
Nobody here wants to dove hunt anymore, everyone is into waterfowl or deer.
I only have about 3-5 guys that do it.
We field hunt geese until about 09:00, then switch to doves or if in season do a 2 hour teal hunt in the morning and afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:50:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#4]
Man I love dove hunting. We used to have a awesome field back in the day but the land was sold out from under us.

The guy that owns the field we hunt now has had it now for 17years. He has been doing the mens outreach about the same duration. Pretty cool seeing guys get saved out in the woods and then get to go hunt with them.

Always welcomes kids and new hunters.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Mid 80’s here in KY.  Hunting a 20 acre millit field that we cut late so it headed out.  Lots of seed.  It’s surrounded by power lines and flanked with a corn field. We also put about a half acre of sunflower on one side for some eye candy.  

Have limited 3 days I have hunted in an hour or less.  

Today I hunted about 30 min and shot 8.  

Using 1 battery mojo and 10 full body sitting around it and on hay bales.  

I am sitting on a bucket with a hay bale between me and the sun.  

Shooting 7-1/2 heavy loads and then 6 shot steel when wind picks up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Our early goose was unreal for here, tons of birds and really knocked the crap out of the early migrators at the end of the season.  Ended up with 6 bands between my hunting partner and I, all from 2020 or before.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top