Posted: 3/29/2024 5:40:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redneck_in_Texas]
I took a short nap aftér dinner. Sinus headache

Woke up 4am here in Texas.

Turned off all nr etc on 7300

6m nobody talking.
10 meters nobody talking.
20 meters same.
40 Meters I checked into the HHH net. Rest of the 40 meter band deserted.

I can't get on 80 meters at the moment.

Is it the zombie apocalypse and nobody told me?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:32:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

Most people are on FT8 this time of day.  Use DXMaps to see where all of the action is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:
Most people are on FT8 this time of day.  Use DXMaps to see where all of the action is.
View Quote

Other than to check propagation, etc I just can't do digital.  It just doesn't appeal to me at all.  You do you, and all that,  but for me it's ssb and I am really trying to grasp CW.  
I sometimes even feel like the waterfall display is cheating.  I should have been a ham back in the day.  I would have loved to just spin the dials and see who's out there.  Instead of seeing the someone is there and spinning the dial to where he is.  No excitement when you hear someone calling cq.  Now, you know they are there.  

Even though I have never been able to do it, I miss it.  I know that doesn't make since.    
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Redneck_in_Texas:

Other than to check propagation, etc I just can't do digital.  It just doesn't appeal to me at all.  You do you, and all that,  but for me it's ssb and I am really trying to grasp CW.  
I sometimes even feel like the waterfall display is cheating.  I should have been a ham back in the day.  I would have loved to just spin the dials and see who's out there.  Instead of seeing the someone is there and spinning the dial to where he is.  No excitement when you hear someone calling cq.  Now, you know they are there.  

Even though I have never been able to do it, I miss it.  I know that doesn't make since.    
View Quote
Some of the older modes are fun. SSTV, rtty, things that are keyboard chats that dont take forever.    The push for weak signal has made things so slow. I'm hoping the baud change will get some things rolling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By phlat:
Some of the older modes are fun. SSTV, rtty, things that are keyboard chats that dont take forever.    The push for weak signal has made things so slow. I'm hoping the baud change will get some things rolling.
View Quote

I'm sorry.  What baud change? I'm afraid I don't keep up with the technical aspects of the hobby.  Which is strange because I spent 10 years as a civilian contractor installing ATM and Gig Ethernet networks for the Airforce.
I love computers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It's Friday, Most non-gov people are working or getting ready for work. Others will be traveling to visit relatives for Easter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top