Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2024 10:23:17 PM EDT
Will be taking a road trip to the ozarks in the next month or two. Last road trip was Montana during Covid and very different.
I didn’t cross any restrictive states. I have to cross western Illinois

Last trip had a few 9mm handguns and an ar15 pistol in my Subaru Outback.

This trip will be in a smaller vehicle,

Thinking maybe my pc9 backpacker locked in the trunk and my normal bodyguard.380 on me (except locked up in Illinois)
Or my p365 or g19?

My bg is comfortable while driving long distance.

Gear wise still sorting that out. I know my jetboil and some freeze dried stuff as my wife has food restrictions. Tire kit and regular vehicle kit that I’ve used since Covid.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless I am hunting it is rare for me to travel with a rifle. If I do it’s a Savage 99 in 308 converted to a Scout rifle or a 30/30.

With the advent of RMR’s on pistols you can make torso bits beyond 100 yards with practice. (Being an old IHMSA shooter probably helps a little).

Other than that it’s a G19 with an RMR and spare mags, my GHB and a separate and small E&E pack that stays in the vehicle.

Nothing fancy or elaborate. Just god solid essentials plus a couple of bags of jerked over and above the food in my bag.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Don’t speed or do anything retarded and you’ll be fine. I have to go to Chicago a few times a year for work.
It would be a coc violation if I told you I carried my G19, so I won’t do that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
if you have a valid carry license in your state, you can have a gun concealed on you while you are inside your car in IL.  It doesn't need to be locked or anything.  if you are stepping out of the car, the gun can be concealed inside the car - out of the view

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a good time.
View Quote

I  hope,
But this is the prepping forum
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
There are places in TX that I drive around.   Reeves county I'm lookin at U.

There are states in the US that I drive around.  IL is in the top 2 of that list.

That said...

Please get a dash cam

Since I have been using a dash cam cops no longer want to "check if I'm ok" or "your plates come back to a different vehicle"

It is if stupid cops don't want to get caught on film being stupid

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are places in TX that I drive around.   Reeves county I'm lookin at U.

There are states in the US that I drive around.  IL is in the top 2 of that list.

That said...

Please get a dash cam

Since I have been using a dash cam cops no longer want to "check if I'm ok" or "your plates come back to a different vehicle"

It is if stupid cops don't want to get caught on film being stupid

View Quote
While IL is, in general, a shitty place regarding the 2nd amendment, and we have a recent AWB, it is not the worst state by far when it comes to concealed carry.  I've been pulled over a few times while carrying and was involved in a traffic incident while carrying - in liberal Chicago suburbs, and cops knew that I had CCL but didn't even ask me to surrender the gun.  Once, I was asked where the gun was on me and that was it, another time I was asked if I carried at that time and when I said "yes" they asked why I didn't tell them? - I replied that in IL there is no duty to inform, and that was the end of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top