Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2023 1:48:48 PM EDT
Anyone here do it? Am looking at the Portugese route, Lisbon the to Compestela on bicycles. Can anyone help with a bunch of questions or point me somewhere that can?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I read a book on it last month.  There's something intriguing about a path that has been walked my millions of pilgrims for a thousand years.  I'd like to do it one day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Two of my wife’s girlfriends did it…
And got bedbugs at one of the hostels.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By toyotaman:
I read a book on it last month.  There's something intriguing about a path that has been walked my millions of pilgrims for a thousand years.  I'd like to do it one day.
View Quote

I totally agree. Not only the path but the villages and at least some of the buildings. One planned detour (maybe a few blaocks away) is one of the major Knights Templar forts. Seeing how is has been around for so long those who walked it have layed out the path. Designing passages for foot travelers is far different than for cars.
I look forward to gaining knowledge and new perspectives on many things.

Gonna try to avoid the whole bed bug thing though...
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I could give you some information if you were taking the Northern route, but I don't know anything about the Portugal route.

From what I do know about the Northern route, you probably don't need to plan all that much other than making sure you have the time. Maps (phone and paper), good gear, and just do it. If by bike, you'll want to make sure you can wrench just about everything yourself- there are a lot of small villages that aren't going to have bike parts.

Most places are very well marked and the locals are very nice, helpful and accommodating. The movie "El Camino" is pretty good if you're interested.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top