Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2023 5:19:56 AM EDT
Was up in my stand last week and had some bears come through a couple of days (Ocala, Florida area) I didn't see any deer after it happened and started to wander if the presence of bear in an area keeps the deer away. Anyone know about this?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Never considered before, but probably does mess deer up.

Black bears have destroyed two of my feeders over the years.  I despise them!  I’ve never seen one while hunting, but would gladly take one if the opportunity arises.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Bears are destructive creatures.  My neighbor has one that comes by almost every day and eats the antenna off his game camera.

But I don't think bears and deer are real concerned with each other as I have seen them together in fields.

We have a lot of bears here, I am close to the great dismal swamp and it has a high population of bears.  They walk down some of the same trails with an hour or so of each other.

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Black bears kill more fawns than coyotes.   They are true omnivores and will eat damn near anythijg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top