Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2023 9:22:14 PM EDT
Not really survival fiction.  It’s actually vet bro fantasy.  

It’s like a textbook for ethical contortionism

Imagine writing a book about yourself, where you always win, and justify murder as “protecting your family” while pretending to be Christian and portraying other Christians who are opposed to murder as weak and naive, and setting up an elaborate 100 vs 1500 battle to convince all the Christians you’re right…. This is that book.  

Oh I forgot, imagine creating a story that requires being charged by 100 enormous Tongan gang members in order to justify your butthurt feelings that a lightweight AR15 with titanium bolt isn’t a suitable shtf rifle where 5-6 shots to the chest aren’t enough to drop a Polynesian.

Between that and sucking off brcc and mat best, I’d give it two thumbs down.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#1]
I seem to remember hearing the author on a podcast some time back.   The author said the suburbs were the best place to live from a preparedness standpoint and not rural areas because your house could be ran over by a tank in a rural area.  This was pre-covid.

I am not sure if that made it into the books.  But it made me roll my eyes at the time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm a bit disappointing to see that feedback. haven't loaded a post apocalyptic in a while I had black autumn on my short list. I've seen it pop up here and elsewhere as good reads/listen
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
On the positive side, the editors did their job and it’s not rife with grammar and spelling anomalies.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doktarZues:
hmm a bit disappointing to see that feedback. haven't loaded a post apocalyptic in a while I had black autumn on my short list. I've seen it pop up here and elsewhere as good reads/listen
View Quote

It's well done and entertaining in a genre rife with work that is NOT well done, NOR entertaining IMO...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top