Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2024 12:43:26 AM EDT
Im looking for a sling pacI can roam around a shitty gun-free Dem town and get to my pistol and a couple mags quickly while we are being robbed at an outdoor cafe at lunchtime on Beverly or Abbott Kinney.  I also like medium sized Blue Force Micro Trauma Kit NOW! medkits.  I wil always meed a laptop (Macbook Pro size), an external hardrive, an iPhone, and probably some snacks and water.  There is no way i am going to Rambo my way into the woods and save my family and my city Re Dawn style, so lets forgo the explosive arrowheads and the survival knife nobody uses (though I'm super down with HFB).  I just want something that keeps my pistol away from my dick.

I like Maxpedition and Hazard 4.  i dont give a shit about gray man theory and ugly ass bags.  I want my bag to be super scary and tactical with skull patches that say "I fuck".  I like these brands - I love Eberlestock, but they don't seem to make sling packs.

I will be carrying a G19 size pistol, or a full-size.

I like the hard tack that you can get on Amazon, and either a water bottle, or a purifier kit so I can drink out of puddles in my mind.  I will probably roll up a lightweight, high efficiency jacket in there  — like a Triple Aught ( you dont know it), or something cool, maybe a legit Poncho.

I already have a full size Eberlestock rifle pack full of fanciful GTFO stuff that I will never ever use when the nuclear fire comes for my face, but I really enjoy the way its built.  So Im just looking for its slim baby brother that - again, allows me to sling around to a pistol, and spend some money to feel better about my life which will not be improved by intervening in a mass-shooting.

I am a design-first guy, so just don't say Vertx or whatever.  I have a hard enough time with Maxpedtions dog shit logo, and Hazard 4s totally absurd "I am self taught and friends with the owner!" pointless test tube logo that I despise.  But those hard shells are pretty sick.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#1]
I carry a SUB-2000 in a sling bag I got off Amazon.  Plenty of room.

ETA:  Also, it doesn't look tactical.  There's no MOLLE straps on it, it's not green, brown, or camo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on the fact that this is the Essential Survival Guides & Fiction subforum, you may want to ask this question is the Survival Gear or even the Survival forum.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top