Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2024 2:29:05 PM EDT
I'm looking to set up a Berky style counter top filter. I found an online vendor for the stainless vessel, now I need to source the filters.

My primary use is to filter city water and make it taste decent. I live in the Atlanta suburbs, and for whatever reason tap water in this area tastes terrible to me. I would install an RO system, but I'm in a rental and don't feel like upgrading someone else's property...

I'd also like to have a way to filter water from other sources if absolutely necessary, even if this takes a different set of filters. Groundwater, rainwater, etc.

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Katadyn Ceradyn is highly-regarded.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Were you looking at a whole house RO system? You can disconnect the under the sink unit and take it with you when you move. Otherwise, maybe St. Paul Merc can offer a solution?

https://www.stpaulmercantile.com
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cacinok:
Why not just buy Berkey filters?  https://www.usaberkeyfilters.com/product-category/berkey-filters/
View Quote

And buy the floride filter to go with it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both the Katadhin and the Berkey and find them both to be excellent units.

I keep reading thr the Berkeley is no longer imported so I would lean toward the Katadhin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top