Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 1:51:16 AM EDT
I have a day pack/patrol pack. It's nothing fancy or expensive, I got it at Academy for something like $50.
The pack has molle straps on both sides. What is the best way to hang a small ax vertically on the molle?
Is there a strap that threads through the horizontal molle and "creates" a vertical holder?
I tried searching the web but I really don't know how to word the question.
The best way I can think to describe what I'm looking for is imagine a small pack with something long secured to the side.
Thanks much for all replies and suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
Tomawk Carry System , Attaching Tomahawks To Mollie / Pals Webbing

Skip to about 3:15
Uses two pieces of 550 or similar heavy chord
Or use a
Tel-Lok on the sheath .
Or
550 chord & plastic chord locks
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Both good suggestions. Ya'll got me thinking, I wonder if I could put two or three regular mollie straps vertically and then come back horizontally through them with the velcro. Do it kinda like the guy in the video, but instead of 550 cord use velcro straps so I could pull it down tight? I think I'll try it this weekend.
Thank ya'll much, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve seen some guys use cheap universal holsters, I forget which model specifically, but the open bottom allows the handle to pass through and with a little extra Velcro, secure the axe head.

Then a little shock cord with a toggle lock to secure the handle from jumping about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top