Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2024 2:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eagle_19er]
Looking for resources and/or experience from anyone who’s done it.

At this point I just want to be able to run my 9400w (max) Firman Trifuel generator in order to power my ~400' deep well’s pump. (Static water is 200').
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cacinok] [#1]
I've not done it, yet, but here are a couple videos showing two different types of builds.  One pretty over the top from a kit, the other pretty basic.

WOOD POWER! Off Grid Electricity from Wood - Part 1

Building a No-Weld Woodgas Generator! (A Functional Gasifier Built W/ a Hand Drill and Grinder?!)
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cacinok:
I've not done it, yet, but here are a couple videos showing two different types of builds.  One pretty over the top from a kit, the other pretty basic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhnrKHF8BWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvl5XxVVjDM
View Quote

I’ve seen both of these videos

I have a hard time believing that no one on the ARFCOM SF has built one but if I must be the first, I will be.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burncycle] [#3]
One of my long term goals, I'm surprised you don't see gasifiers at big box stores with how common they were during the old war periods, it's like time has forgotten them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Burncycle:
One of my long term goals, I'm surprised you don't see gasifiers at big box stores with how common they were during the old war periods, it's like time has forgotten them.
View Quote

Probably an EPA issue if they became available for sale!  Only America regulates itself into failure!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:22:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joe731] [#5]
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:
I’ve seen both of these videos

I have a hard time believing that no one on the ARFCOM SF has built one but if I must be the first, I will be.
View Quote

I'm in the process of building the Ben Peterson design (first video).
95% done with the gasifier,  done with the filter housing, still need to do the cooling rack and frame.

Things I wish I knew before starting:
The Ben Peterson design/book is ideal for a stationary generator, the Wayne Keith book is better for running a truck.  I'm trying to run a truck with it but didn't learn about the WK until I had already started making the BP.
If you're making the BP, instead of using a propane tank as the outer shell and welding stuff inside of it, use it as the inner layer and weld sections to the outside of it. Much easier construction and welding.

Anyways, tag

Edit: Also the gas is like pure carbon monoxide so don't test it in your garage like that guy
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Go here for lots of good info on wood gas systems.  -->  https://forum.driveonwood.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top